Fly Tying
billyzj

poppers

A three sided glovers needle works for a mandrel to turn down and taper foam or balsa cylinders. They come in two sizes from Tandy Leather Co. and come a pack of 10.

Those jigs are nice for cutting consistent sloped faces but they look to only work with cylinders.

For small foam bugs, I find square is the way to go, the face has more surface area and you trim/taper with your scissors once glued to the hook.

Here is my favorite bream bug with a foam head. No special tools whatsoever. I've posted this pic before so, for those that have seen it sorry for the repeat.

Kirk

PopperSwapII-7641-1.jpg

prob be pretty easy to make the jigs out of wood yourself,as long as you have the wood laying around,seems simple enough

prob be pretty easy to make the jigs out of wood yourself,as long as you have the wood laying around,seems simple enough

With a brain like yours in that x-ray, should be a piece of cake!

yup,thats funny,more into steel work never really worked with wood but i can always try and learn somthing new

With a brain like yours in that x-ray, should be a piece of cake!