Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
coinman66

EP Tiger Shad

That fly will push some water! What did you use for the red 'gill' mark? Looks good enough to eat! Hopefully the fish agree.

Thanks all. Gill is just red EP fibers put on first thing. I like the way it shows thru the white fibers. Fly is made for my creek smallies. Hope its not too big.

It might be to big for average smallies but spring time when they running be the ticket tho.

Make smaller ones but when you do thin it a bit more and have fun on the 3wt!

I use EP SParkle fiber for the gills as UV material seems to show thru when fishing in the sun.

Get some Wing n Flash or Angel Hair baitfish fibers and pull some out and lay it on with EP fiber before putting on the shank, makes a huge difference!

Phish and Coin, if you like EP Sparkle, try Ice Wing, stuff is great for Gills, I mix it in with dubbing and it comes in a variety of colors

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SCOwens" data-cid="529304" data-time="1357483331"><p>

Phish and Coin, if you like EP Sparkle, try Ice Wing, stuff is great for Gills, I mix it in with dubbing and it comes in a variety of colors</p></blockquote>

Ive got some ice wiing and i will give it a try. Thanks!

Phish and Coin, if you like EP Sparkle, try Ice Wing, stuff is great for Gills, I mix it in with dubbing and it comes in a variety of colors

Yep got 40+ packages in various colors but I use mostly for body fibers.