Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - JANUARY

My wife informed me that flies from "Eugene" arrived today. So, eugward, I assume that is you? This would mean that all the flies are in!

-Forrest

yes it is. Thank you for telling me. I was going to try and get a new set tied and set monday if they did not come in.

All the flies have been divided up and put in their packages to be sent back to you all. I will get them to the post office today. Later today, or tomorrow, I will take pictures and post them to the thread here with the recipes as promised. An extra thanks to those of you who sent extras. I can't wait to fish these pigboats this summer.

Rich mc, are you going to be at the Sandwich IL show this afternoon? We are having a couch delivered between 1230 and 330, but as soon as it is delivered my wife and I are heading over to the show. I will bring your flies with me.

-Forrest

Aw man, I wish I'd caught this swap! I started tying and using CP's last year and have really enjoyed them! I tie them in Black, White, Olive, and Brown/Orange.

Aw man, I wish I'd caught this swap! I started tying and using CP's last year and have really enjoyed them! I tie them in Black, White, Olive, and Brown/Orange.

Did you check with him to see if you could get in and finish the year?

Kevin

Everyone, the flies have been mailed. Luckily, I had the post office lady check to make sure if each package had enough postage. Apparently, the good ole usps has raised prices, again.... Anyways, some people were a bit short, which is no big deal at all, I am just glad I caught it! Please make sure to account for this change in rates in the months to come.

Joman, your package was $7.35 to go to Canada. If you would like to tie up a few months in advance and send them in one package that would be fine with me. I can store them in my basement with no problem. If you want me to send them to you every other month, or just wait until warmer weather to send them I can do that. PM me and we can work out a schedule that fits you best. If you want them every month that is cool too, I was just thinking that if you can save a few bucks you may want to do that.

Luvinbluegills, would you like me to put you down as an alternate in case some one has to drop out? Based on the votes at the end of last year, I think most of the guys wanted to keep this one at 6 people total due to the time/materials the larger flies take.

-Forrest

Guys, sorry to be a bit delayed on getting the pics up of these. I have spent more nights in hotels than I have at home the past few weeks. Anyways, here are the pictures, and I will work on posting each recipe with the photos in the next few nights.

-Forrest

Zachxbass

post-34908-0-03043700-1360118542_thumb.jpg

Easternfly

post-34908-0-10442300-1360118567_thumb.jpg

Rich mc

post-34908-0-49347700-1360118591_thumb.jpg

Eugward

post-34908-0-58871600-1360118615_thumb.jpg

Joman

post-34908-0-59114200-1360118640_thumb.jpg

Famill00

post-34908-0-30258300-1360118665_thumb.jpg

Anyone get their flies today? I figure these should start showing up soon. Of course, that is until our good 'ole USPS goes to a 3 day work week....

-Forrest

Haven't replied yet, but I got mine last week and they are all awesome. I can't wait to throw these on my new 8 weight.