Fly Tying
flytyinfreak

I'm back! or HEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!

After a bit of an introspective hiatus last year, a couple of days ago I was invited to join a swap by Eastern fly and have decided that I really like you guys and the fun I had in this forum in the past. I had to stop and re-assess my situation here in Eastern Idaho after burying my mother late last year. You guys know how it is, time to look back and look inside, figure out whats worth what and just where and how I need to go and get where I want to be. Heck I still am reeling from the blow the economy dealt me when I found out that carpenters weren't needed anymore! Just when things couldn't get any foggier, my mother ups and dies and throws my whole thought process into a tail spin. Its taken most of twenty 12 to get a grip and get my little grubbies back on the pulse of my passion.

post-12017-0-39795100-1356935877_thumb.jpg

Late this summer I was blessed to be included in the making of a fly fishing based film with the blogger "The Fishing Poet", Matt Smythe, and his highly talented photographer friend Grant Taylor. Go to http://silofour.com/ to see the trailer. I met the two through FB a few years ago and when they came out to fish a couple of years a go and reassess their own personal situations, a friendship was cemented and an idea was born. Check out the trailer, its a quality piece of film, and fly fishing/tying is really just the backstory. Its really about much much morre than just fishing, and yet when it comes down to it its all about why we fish.and tye. Its got amazing cinematography even if the joker in the cowboy hat ( me ) screws it all up. There's also a few quick shots of me at the vice tying up a tasty pmd softhackle. The film is a feature at the IF4, International Fly Fishing Film Festival: http://flyfilmfest.com/IF4/ . ITs being shown at a number of Cabella's stores so look for it online and in a cebellas near you in 2013. Th real reason I'm posting this is to let you guys know I am hosting a salmonfly dry swap over in the swaps forum and am looking for a few of my old tying friends to join me. Its good being back and lets see if I can start populating my FTFCurrent , and the new features Will has added in my absence. Its going to be an epic year my friends, and I got a GoPro to record the awesomeness ahead!

Ross glad you got your mojo back. And as for a carpenter, I had to move to find a job that wanted a black lead carpenter. Where I used to live you wont find one within 50 miles. I know your welcome back here.

Kevin

Welcome back. I loved the trailer, what a great way to help you through your loss. Where was it filmed because I would like to put that river on my list.

- Charlie