Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show

I gave up on the show the last two years. Too many Shamwow type vendors and most of the others seemed geared to people that want to video their hunts. I had gone every year from 1993 until 2011.

Now I just go to the Somerset Fly Fishing Show and Lancaster Fly Fishing Show.

eastern fly, I don't mean to be stupid, but are you referring to the show in Winston-Salem NC? I heard a commercial about a fly fishing show on Feb. 9-10 at the Benton Convention Center in Winston-Salem but I had forgotten about it until you brought it to my attention. The NC trip is only about an hour away for me but the Lancaster is a bit out of range. Take Care, Tony

I'll probably be at the Outdoor show. I'm tying at the Lancaster show, so I will definitely be there. Lancaster is completely focused on fly fishing, so from that point of view it is a better choice.

I should have know that nothing that cool would be close to me...Now to figure out what I wrote down about a fly fishing thing in Winston-Salem, NC??? Thanks for setting me straight. Take Care, Tony

I should have know that nothing that cool would be close to me...Now to figure out what I wrote down about a fly fishing thing in Winston-Salem, NC??? Thanks for setting me straight. Take Care, Tony

Tony, the same show that is in Lancaster will be in Winston-Salem on Feb 9-10

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Winston-Salem__NC.html

Hope this helps,

Mike.

Maybe my luck is turning around for me. I only wrote down the dates and where it was but didn't write down exactly what it was. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and giving me hope FrequentTyer. Take Care, Tony

I'm going. I'll be working at the Cumberland Valley TU booth on both Sundays. If you attend the show, please stop by the booth and throw a little support behind CVTU. They do a tremendous amount of work on the waters in this area. Hope to see some of you there.

Matt.

FYI: Just in case anyone here was planning to attend this show and hasn't heard the news, the show has been cancelled. More specifically its been indefinitely postponed, but for all intents and purposes its cancelled.

FYI: Just in case anyone here was planning to attend this show and hasn't heard the news, the show has been cancelled. More specifically its been indefinitely postponed, but for all intents and purposes its cancelled.

Yes I got a email from them today. I bought my tickets a month ago. Now I cant go. So next in the Lancaster show.

Kevin

Big Big news here in the harrisburg area. So many "vendors" pulled out due to the organizer's last minute idiotic decision to prohibit "high capacity" magazines and "military style" (whatever that means) firearms from being displayed that they cancelled it. Their press statement was nauseating. The organizer, Reed Exhibitions (A British company by the way) said:

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

Their boneheaded decision, based on a very early estimate, has caused an impact on the local economy in the range of $20Million. It is unknown the total impact as a large part of the vendors were outfitters who relied on the show to drum up business.

Reed should get their heads out of their a$$es and realize how America works... Call the dam' thing the Eastern Hunting and Fishing show or the Pennsylvania Hunting and Fishing Show... it's illegal to hunt with a semi-auto rifle in Pennsylvania. If they called the show "Hunting and Fishing" instead of "Sports" they'd only have PETA and HSUS to deal with, instead of the entire population of firearms owners.

It sucks for all the vendors and exhibitors who have nothing to do with semi-automatic firearms, what Reed did to them, and I hope the lawsuits start flying, if they haven't already. Reed bowed to the king, and groveled at his feet like a fine, toad-eating subject of the empire, while the Citizens stood up and told them to P**s Off!