Fly Tying
BassMouth87

Pink Bluegill Fly

With the new year finally here I am starting to get ready for targeting early spring pan fish. Here is a pattern I have been tying recently for the first month of the bluegill fly swap, and for my own personal collection.

post-45233-0-11655200-1357077007_thumb.jpgpost-45233-0-81330700-1357077031_thumb.jpgpost-45233-0-80961300-1357077066_thumb.jpg

The thought had crossed my mind to try these out on a few other species...going to try a few different color combinations as well.

Thanks Nova!

I am also playing around with a sort of micro-tube UV fly...I will post some pictures when I have a few more color variations tied...I think they will be deadly.

Thanks guys!

I cannot wait to try it out in the spring. I have only been fly fishing for a season but have been targeting panfish for many seasons so I try to use my knowledge of what is effective when I tie. Around my parts at least pinks and other bright colors are usually pretty effective.

I will post a few more pictures tomorrow of some different color variations of this fly, as well as the micro-tube UV fly I have been playing around with.

Nicely tied and expertly photographed....perfectly sized for our viewing pleasure

Murray

Thanks you loykos.

One of the things I have had issues with is photographing flies properly. I have been playing around with different methods, lighting, settings etc recently and I am glad to hear it is finally coming together a bit.