Fly Tying
eastern fly

American Opossum

Does anyone know where to get American Opossum in America. For some reason I cant find in. The one place I did find it was GB at $14 plus a bag. NO WAY

Kevin

Does anyone know where to get American Opossum in America. For some reason I cant find in. The one place I did find it was GB at $14 plus a bag. NO WAY

Kevin

Here's possum fro Coffin Creek Furs. I've had great success with their furs.

Bruce

http://www.flytyingfurs.com/Photos3.htm#Opossum%20Skin

Scout the Georgia forest roads and look for "sail 'possums" tha have already been flattened for you by the pulpwood trucks, and sun-dried to boot

aw man i wish you wouldve posted this earlier... i just threw away about 3 hides worth of possum because i never used it...

My hats off to anyone out there that can skin a possum. I have skinned a lot of things over the years but an opossum is a nasty little critter and I just can't bring myself to even think about skinning one. I feed them and raccoons out my back door beside the creek, but I just watch as they eat left-overs. I have seen it listed a few times and I also thought that the price was a little high. Take Care, Tony

Man, I didn't know 'possums were that valuable!

I've never skinned one out either. In the natural, they have a creamish white underfur with black tipped guard hairs. I suppose they could be dyed any color you want. I'll have to keep that in mind next spring, when the 'possums get active again.

I have looked many time at some laying along the road and told my wife there has to something I can use that for. KEEP DRIVING is all In hear. Well she was pissed when I hit the break one day when I seen a fox on the side of the road.

Kevin