Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
WhiteBuffalo58

Fly Fishing Show

This may be common knowledge, but it's the first time i've seen it.

There's a show on PBS's Create channel, called "New Fly Fisher". I think the hosts name was Bill Spicer. On this afternoons episode he was fishing for Smallmouth, Musky and Walleye. He did a short intro on the equipment he was using for each and caught some pretty decent fish. Not sure how often it's on, but it was a fun watch. I'm gonna have to check out the schedule and see often it's on.

I've seen a show or two on PBS about fly tying. Anyone know of any regularly scheduled programs to watch?

Rob

I catch it here in boston on nesn, they go to various locations in ne canada and other locations around the new england area. Lots of nice fishing with tips mixed in, they have a website as well.

The New Fly Fisher also has a youtube channel and has several full episodes posted and ready to view online at anytime...I also have a few DVD's that I purchased with a box of fly materials and supplies. I enjoy watching the episodes and have gotten tons of useful information from the show.

I am lucky to live in Ontario, A lot of the shows they film are within a 6 hour drive of where I live. I can point my car in just about any direction, drive for 1-2 hours and be into some good fishing.

Not sure where it is exactly, but I think the lake was called Lake of the Woods. Like flytire, I doubt that i'll ever fish many of the locations they're filming at. However in this case, my local waters do have both smallmouth and walleye. So the show did have some interest to me.

Rob

Lake of the Woods

Lake of the Woods is a lake occupying parts of the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Manitoba and the U.S. state of Minnesota. It separates a small land area of Minnesota from the rest of the United States.

Area: 4,349 km²

Width: 95 km

Length: 109 km

It is only a 15 hour drive from me...lol.

Here are a few good episodes near my area:

I like this show for all the above reasons, but in particular, as it is one that often is filmed in Alberta or BC, and has some fairly local folks (Phil Rowley, Brian Chan) hosting it. I believe that I record it off the WFN on Telus TV here.

Another good show, hosted by friends of mine, is Fly Nation, which airs on Wild TV.