Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - January Thread

Hey guys, I've been battling a bug this week. South Carolina leads the nation, right now, in the number of flu cases and I've been doing my part to put us there. Anyway, sorry to be late getting the thread up. January's pattern is a bead head. 'Gills love bead heads, so I'm looking for some great patterns from you this month. Riff has had to drop out and Jolly Red will be joining our merry little band. He's a great swapper and tyer and I'm sure you are all going to enjoy having him in our group.

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister

2. Jolly Red - Received

3. Dreamcaster - Received

4. Famill00 - Received

5. IMX - Received

6. Yetavon

7. Fshrmanms - Received

8. BassMouth - Received

9. ChefBen - Received

10. Ristarwen - Received?

11. Crackleback - Received

12. Bassbugn - Received

Hope you kick that bug here shortly.

I have this months flies already tied up and ready to go. Going to toss together a few more sets and then we can work everything out as we had started to discuss. I hope everyone likes my entries...I have been really trying to pay attention to details and tie something of quality for the swap club.

Sounds good, BassMouth. I hope I kick the bug soon also! Right now, my nose alone weighs 10 pounds and the next 2 days are important work days for me. No more lying around hoping to feel better. I've got to suck it up and go whether I feel like it or not.

Sure, no problem on working things out and sending in several sets at once works good for me, especially considering that you are "across the border."

Take care

BB

I am tying a San Juan Worm cluster.

Size 10 Scud

Brass Bead

Brown Thread

Brown Chenille

Will post pic later!

-Forrest

I'm going with a Carters Rubber Leg Dragon....

and then maybe not....Dreamcasters next post got me to realize its a Beadhead....not Beadchain....Back to looking

yetavon's comment made me realize the squirrely is a beadchain also. Will do that one later. For this one think I'll do a Pheasant Tail soft hackle with a bead head. Did one for the #18 swap, but this one will be bigger.

BB, Hope you feel better soon.

I'll be tying a #10 Orange Butt Lightning Bug with the bead head.

yetavon's comment made me realize the squirrely is a beadchain also. Will do that one later. For this one think I'll do a Pheasant Tail soft hackle with a bead head. Did one for the #18 swap, but this one will be bigger.

Right, Jolly Red. There is a bead chain/mono eyes pattern later on. This is for a single bead head. Everybody needs to double check your pattern to make sure we are on the same page.

BB

Will be dropping my set of flies for January in the mail tomorrow. Then I'll start on the February flie pattern, a size 10 dragon fly nymph pattern.

My flies will be going into the mail either tomorrow or Monday. I tied up a red beadhead nymph for January, a Mono Eye Scud for February, and a Foam Sally for March. Hope everyone enjoys my ties!

Bream, I changed my mind today. I will be doing a some sort of crazy copper john variant!