Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jonjoe

Just tied this color wooly bugger does anyone use it?

Since the minnows in my local waters are about that same color ... I think that wooly bugger would work fine.

Since the Woolly Bugger can imitate a large range of things that fish eat, many of which are light brown or tan, it should work fine. I don't tie buggers in tan/light brown very much, but do have a few tan colored buggers in my fly boxes. Tan & brown combinations are in my boxes as well.

Yep, you should be good to go, any weight underneath the hackle, or were you shooting for slow sinking

Just a opinion,but i have had alot of short strikes with such a long tail.That is a nice color though.But,just my 2 cents worth

Sure, I've caught lots of fish on tan buggers. If you've got tan, olive, and black in your arsenal, you can catch just about anything, anywhere. (with the possible exception of great white sharks, but they're protected anyway, so no matter)

Sure, I've caught lots of fish on tan buggers. If you've got tan, olive, and black in your arsenal, you can catch just about anything, anywhere. (with the possible exception of great white sharks, but they're protected anyway, so no matter)

Darn it !!!

And here I was, getting all ready to catch Great Whites in my local pond !!!!

I've found that light tan streamers outfish white ones in stained water. The tan bugger -- especially if you tie it with reddish-brown hackle--makes a very passable crayfish imitation, according to the smallmouth bass around here. :)

I fish a streamer tied with hen pheasant and rabbit in a sand variant color ( same tones as your fly there)and do very well with it throughout the year. Fish that fly anytime with confidence!