Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
netabrookie

Fish Tally

I recommend this to anyone, not because of some competition but as a great way to remember all your fish. I will not regret this when I'll get old and start to lose my memory!

The beauty of that is that they always appear bigger in the memory, pictures only mess that up. Unless its your pictures as your trout are HUGE!

Leg pulling aside, I can see the point in what you are doing. No I can't recall all the fish from last summer. Guess I'll just have to go back and do it again. ;)

If I do keep records it tends to be more about the experience than what you might call scientific records. Had enough of that keeping minute by minute records as a railway signalman. I go for a more artistic approach, drawings, photos, sketch maps, and calligraphy. Maybe I'll invest in a nice moleskine note book and keep more of a log this season.

The only advantage, for me, that I see in a system like yours is being able to index my photos to the record.

Cheers,

C.

22 years old, you really should be keeping a different sort of notebook! :)

Laxi, that is really interesting. I would consider a program like that instead of my little notebook (which is a bit classy with its black leather covers) but I am lucky to even figure out how to type and send stuff out on a computer. Take Care, Tony

Im too old and would most likely have a heart attack. If it was written in the same language as the fish file them I couldn't understand it anyway....

You reminded me of a notebook that I found beside a creek a few years ago. It had a little information about the guys fishing history and then the last entry said in a large angry style " I fell in the f-ing creek." I still have it somewhere and get a good laugh every time I see it.