Fly Tying
Kirk Dietrich

Foxy Glider

I'm tying this for the synthetic swap but decided to rename it from Foxy Hover Fly to Foxy glider.

Probably don't matter but I was looking for a name that would better relate its action to what people are familiar with in the parallel universe of spin fishing, which is the rubber stick baits such as Slug-O and wooden glider baits.

Kirk

sweet fly kirk, killer action on it - fantastic how it will 'hover' i can just imagine this hovering away on top of weed beds.

Dang Kirk, that walk the dog action is awesome! Difficult to get that with a fly, great job! I supposed now you'll want to charge $20 for a fly! LOL!

I'll be looking forward to seeing that SBS!

Kirk, those have better action than a mirro-lure and are much better looking. Looking forward to pulling in some big ole pigs with that one.

I did up some hollow tied SF Blend finger mullet.

Thanks Mike, I like way it hovers but moreso the way it glides like a jerkbait.

Tide, thanks, I'm a terrible businessman, no way I could charge $20 - I'll have to hire you as the marketing man. I've sent it to Orvis under my contract with them, I just hope they pick it up.

Peter, plug casting? what's that?, never heard of it! Thanks.

Dave, I was thinking the same thing about the specks too. Now I just have to find some sows. Thanks.

Thanks Piker, hope to get the SBS edited and up tomorrow.

Kirk

damn that thing is awesome, it walks the dog like a Spook. Can't wait to get my hands on it, of course knowing my luck I will probably lose it to a mackerel on the first cast

Thanks Mike, I like way it hovers but moreso the way it glides like a jerkbait.

Peter, plug casting? what's that?, never heard of it! Thanks.

Kirk

Oh oh! Looks to me like some of us are gonna get a visit from the Fly Fishing Purity Police. Quite a few of us as a matter of fact.

Kirk: Awesome looking fly in the water. Can't wait to see SBS.

Are you doing anything else with line/rod to get that sweet side-to-side action?

AP

keep us updated as to whether Orvis ends up stocking them. If they do I will probably buy one just to have a pattern to compare too. Nice fly Kirk.

Thanks AGN, I wouldn't throw any fly to a Mackerel that I couldn't live without. I don't know how these will work on a wire bite leader even with a loop???

Peter, I love plug fishing, just been to damn busy this past year trying to work out kinks in some fly designs - I don't think I threw my Shimano one time this year.

AP, thanks. The only thing I'm doing is pausing between strips, the water wash from the fly moving through comes up on the fly and pushes it to the side, at least that is my guess. So, you have to pause just long enough for that to happen otherwise, you just strip it right in; but no side to side motion of the flyrod - man, that shit would wear me out.

Thanks Ditz. Will let you know.

Thanks,

Kirk

Tic Toc :)

I am anxiously awaiting the STS and materials list

Awesome fly, I have some seawall Snook that will like that fly

tapping foot patiently... lol.gif I really need an SBS on this one Kirk. Got some buddies in Florida that I want to convert to Fly fishing and the action on that is so like the "walking the dog" lures. I bet I could downsize that to makea salmon or stillwater trout fly too....

Murray

Tide, thanks, I'm a terrible businessman, no way I could charge $20 - I'll have to hire you as the marketing man. I've sent it to Orvis under my contract with them, I just hope they pick it up.

LOL! I don't know about that! I was thinking more like the Pole Dancer fly, which they charge a small fortune for! It's the only other fly I know of that has that kind of action!