Fly Tying

Although this fly is as easy as it gets, I have hands down caught more seatrout on this fly, than on any other fly i fished with in saltwater. The fly looks like a million $ when hovering in the water. When wet the fly gets a really natural looking halo appearance. Remember to brush out the body when done varnishing the head for the best effect. The fly has no name, so I had to call it something smile.png

Hook: CS54 #6-8

Thread: 8/0 UniThread, white

Weight: Tungstenstubing tied in on the underside of the hook.

Body: Opossom and flash dubbing mixed 3:1 tied in a dubbing loop.

post-15183-0-68821800-1358026712_thumb.jpg

Love salt sea trout so will try this. Does it all flatten back when wet or do you build up a bit of a collar at the head? I'll tie some.

Love salt sea trout so will try this. Does it all flatten back when wet or do you build up a bit of a collar at the head? I'll tie some.

No build up. Just wind the dubbing loop up the hook to the hook eye and tie in. The dubbing looks transparent and very shrimpy when wet. You can retrieve the fly fast or slow and I've caught fish in every condition thinkable on this fly.

Is this a dropped loop from the shank?

Yep, there's nothing to the fly. It's basically a (underside) weighted hook with a dubbing loop tied in at the upper hook bend wound in touching turns to the hook eye, whipfinished and brushed out. Easy as hell.