Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutguy

What is your favorite gamebird?

#5 is that golden. I have one that is more cream too. #6 is that yellow. You got the pheasant right Riff.

I'll give you one. #1 is the Woodcock that started this thread. It is still boraxed and drying on newspaper. It must have migrated from somewhere much colder than SC because it is filled with down. It was a male because of it's bill length.

I tie one of my favorite searching soft hackle with chukar its is a simple tie to

abdomen:peacock

rib:tying thread

thorax:pink ice dub

hackle:chuckar

thread:red danvilles 8/0 red

what I do is leave a long tag when tying in the thread form a base tie in the peacock wrap forward then using the tag counter rib then tie off works great

This is a tough question, lol. but id say i use more patridge (hungarian) than anything else, though I do love all the other game skins i have and i have quite a few, prolly why its such a hard question lol

i did think it was Woodcock as I have several wings but the rest of the skin I haven't seen before and wasn't too sure. Its just so great that God was into fishing. He left us all these great creatures to lure the scaley fellas.

We have huge public dove fields in South Carolina. I went one day and did not get any. I have several pair that feed in my yard. Maybe next year Piker.