Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - FEBRUARY

UPDATE: Last set of flies received on 3/1/2013. Flies are back in the mail to you as of 3/1/2013 @4:00 p.m Central Time.

For February, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying "Anything Clouser". Bob Clouser has concocted many a fly in his day other than just the Clouser Minnow, which by the way is probably the number one producer on my home river. Some ideas for this swap: Obviously, the Clouser Minnow, Clouser Crippled Minnow, Clouser Crayfish, Cloiuser Bright Side Minnow, Clouser Swimming Nymph, Clouser Suspender, Clouser Madtom, Clouser Hellgrammite, Clouser Half and Half, Clouser Floating Minnow, Clouser Drake, Clouser EZ Popper. As you can see, Mr. Clouser has a varied arsenal of flies that he has developed. I look forward to seeing your creations! Remember, February is a short month, so the due date will be approaching quickly!

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - Clouser Floating Minnow - Done
2) Zachxbass - Craft Fur Clouser (Skinny Water) - Received
3) Eugward - Clouser Crippled Minnow - Received
4) Eastern fly - Eastern's #1 - Received
5) Joman - Classic Clouser - Received
6) Rich mc - Rabbit Strip Clouser - Received

-Forrest

Swapmeister (Famill00)

post-34908-0-41160700-1362318990_thumb.jpg

Joman

post-34908-0-41746500-1362319015_thumb.jpg

Richmc

post-34908-0-03480500-1362319040_thumb.jpg

Eugward

post-34908-0-08932100-1362319064_thumb.jpg

Zach

post-34908-0-30388300-1362319089_thumb.jpg

Eastern

post-34908-0-66529000-1362319112_thumb.jpg

post-34908-0-28905900-1362318940_thumb.jpg

Kevin, you have a name for the fly you sent in for Feb? I would like to update the original post. Thanks!

-Forrest

No I dont. Its an original pattern and I never thought of one.

Kevin

Kevin, you have a name for the fly you sent in for Feb? I would like to update the original post. Thanks!

-Forrest

No I dont. Its an original pattern and I never thought of one.

Kevin

I will call it "Eastern's #1"

-Forrest

I'm gonna go with a craft fur clouser. The skinny water version. (bead chain instead of lead). Still deciding on color. Either olive/tan, red/white, maybe even purple/white. I have lots of craft fur so the choices are endless. I'll probably use a size 2-4 jig hook. I love jig hooks for clousers (and many other patterns). nearly weedless.

Anyone have a color preference?

i dont know what its name would be... it probably just falls under classic clouser

Hook: #4

Head: hourglass... dunno the size... they came in a bag claiming they were coneheads

Underbody: tinsel

Body: bucktail... i know its blue and hot pink... i think tops pink bottoms blue... ill have to double check

Thread 8/0 purple

I just sat down and finished up my floating minnows this afternoon. I am trying to capitalize on being off the road for a few days.

-Forrest

Mine may be a day or two late. Mailed today. Slipped my mind. Then remembered its a short month . Sorry :(... no excuses