Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - MAY

For May, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying Articulated Streamers. Anything goes, but the fly must have some kind of articulation. There are a few ways you can get "articulation" out of a fly, so if you are in doubt that your fly counts, feel free to ask the panel, aka the rest of the people in the club.

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - Articulated Leech - DONE
2) Zachxbass RECEIVED
3) Eugward - RECEIVED
4) Eastern fly - RECEIVED
5) Joman - Cotter Pin Intruder - RECEIVED
6) Rich mc - Articulated Pigboat - RECEIVED

-Forrest

Cotter pin Intruder

Hook: octopus 6

Connection: wire

Shank: cotter pin

Body: blue craft fur followed by red up body

Collar: blue craft fur, Icelandic goat hair

Head: black thread

Alright guys, May is upon us. What are you all tying this month? Kevin, what would you like for me to list as the name of your fly?

-Forrest

mine were mailed yesterday, i'm cutting it close, again. sorry. hopefully they be there in time.

good news, i went on vacation last weekend to Norris Dam state park. only got to fish for about 3 hours, but i caught some really nice bluegill, and a nice little bass on someones swap fly... i forget who, the crayfish with the chartreuse legs, red eyes, Famil00 maybe?

Guest rich mc

mailed mine from dekalb post office they said it should arrive friday i left the front hook whole , if you prefer it cut at the bend its your choice rich mc

Everyone's flies are here! The last set arrived on 6/1. Thanks guys for the efforts of getting your flies in on time. This is the time of year when we are out using them, so it is nice to have them all in on time.

Joman, as you requested I will send your flies to you this month. Please send me a message with the address you would like me to ship them to.

Rich, we will try and meet up and go fishing here in the next week or two. My work schedule has been crazy of late, but hopefully I can sneak away for an evening sometime soon. I will deliver your flies when we meet.

Again, thanks to each of you for continuing to provide great flies.

-Forrest

Sorry was away for the weekned. If you could send them to 659 zion rd little britian ontario K0M 2C0 that would be awesome. Thanks in advance,

Joman

Thanks again for hosting and dealing with all the hassle. I can't wait to see these flies!!! Ill let you know as soon as mine are in

I think I forgot to toe tag now that I think of it, but mine are the rabbit tail wooly bigger looking things

I think I forgot to toe tag now that I think of it, but mine are the rabbit tail wooly bigger looking things

No worries, I tagged them for you.

-Forrest