Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - JULY

For July, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying Hoppers.

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - MadamX
2) Zachxbass
3) Eugward
4) Eastern fly - RECEIVED
5) Joman - RECEIVED
6) Rich mc - RECEIVED

-Forrest

ok just going from memory but here it goes anyways

sz 6 hook

thread gold

legs sili legs

foam orange/ pink

collar deer natural

I know it's early.... But super keen to see the pics of these ones!

Guest rich mc

ill tye a hopper which basically is a reverse tied gurgler with legs it does work ill be fishing with our SM on sunday and will give him the flies rich mc

ill tye a hopper which basically is a reverse tied gurgler with legs it does work ill be fishing with our SM on sunday and will give him the flies rich mc

Looking forward to the fishing outing! Time to break out a couple rods I haven't used much this year.

-Forrest

Guest rich mc

we caught some fish but major coldfront dropped the water temps 13 degrees in a few days forrest did give me several months worth of swap flies he has been holding for me. I gave him julys flies. thank fellow swappers the flies will all catch fish and and some may be copied or tweaked for my local waters. nice to finally fish with forrest . rich mc

Zach and Eugward, how are you guys doing? Have you put your flies in the mail yet? Also, Rich thanks for having me out on your boat!

-Forrest

Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Flies are on their way. Hopefully you'll get them by Friday. I did size 4 hooks, brown foam, Orange legs, and grizzly olive shackle for the wings

Sent them Saturday morning. Sorry I was late. My job had me working 60 to 70 for the last three weeks. Got them tied Friday night.

Sent them Saturday morning. Sorry I was late. My job had me working 60 to 70 for the last three weeks. Got them tied Friday night.