Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - AUGUST

For August, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying "Wiggle Minnows". Todd's Wiggle Minnow is deadly on Smallies when fished with an intermediate or sink tip line. If you do not wish to tie up one of the Todd's Wiggle Minnows, please just make sure that it has a similar action. Rich brought it to my attention that he plans on tying a minnow for this with a crankbait style lip, which produces a really nice side to side swimming action.

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - Red/White Todd's Wiggle Minnow
2) Zachxbass
3) Eugward- RECEIVED
4) Eastern fly - RECEIVED
5) Joman - RECEOVED
6) Rich mc - RECEIVED

-Forrest

sz 1

underbody chenille red

tail marabou chartreuse

overbody foam purple

eyes..... dollarama craft eyes i stick on all my big bass patterns

Started tying mine yesterday. I'm doing a white/ chartreuse wiggle minnow, size 4 stinger hooks. I've never tied these before so i hop they turn out alright. They look ok so far. Hopefully i can test the prototype out before i send them out.

Guest rich mc

mailed mine from big rock today said they may have them tomorrow no tags but mine should be the only one with plastic lips . rich mc

Mine were sent out last Thursday so you should have them anytime now if you haven't already. Not sure how much the holiday slowed things down. I ran out of white foam so some are yellow instead (shop was out of white)

Zach, they have not arrived as of 9.4.13. Hopefully they will be here today. I will keep you updated. I have been away from the site for a bit because I am painting my house.

I have updated the original post with everyone else received.

-Forrest

Haven't comented in a while. I love everything I've received so far guys. These patterns are all awesome.been fisshing a bunch of them with great success. Whoever tied that little pig boat with the olive tail and it was a long furnace hackle(it looked a lot like a wooly bugger) I fished it as a wooly bugger all weekend and it caught me my biggest salmon to date! 21 pounds :) thank you so much! Hope to see some more awesome patterns when I receive the rest of my flies in december. Thanks again guys

That was the first time for that fly for me. I did a few to try before I sent mine in. I did catch some bass. I was impressed with the action of it. Thanks for that idea. It puts a new fly into the mix.

Kevin

Guest rich mc

forrest, if they don't come today send out what you have we can get them in the mix next month. rich mc

I'm retying (again). I can have them in mail by Friday. Ill actually go in to post office this time. I'm sorry for inconvenience. You can just mail mine with this months I guess.