Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - SEPTEMBER

For September, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying Hellgrammites. There are so many variations of Hellgrammite flies! It is a well known fact that bass love these nasty looking critters.

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - Clouser's Hellgrammite
2) Zachxbass
3) Eugward - RECEIVED

4) Eastern fly - delayed to Oct
5) Joman - RECEIVED
6) Rich mc - RECEIVED

-Forrest

sz 6

underbody black chenille

hackle black saddle

tail black marabou

overbody foam black segmented with thread

You will have to move on without me this month. I just have not had the time to order hooks and get them done. I will send them in with the next month.

Kevin

Guys, I have received only Jomans and Rich's flies for this month and it is Oct 3. I know Kevin said he will be put off until next month (thanks for the heads up!), but I have not gotten flies from the remainder of you guys. Can you all please provide an update? Much appreciated!

-Forrest

I send mine sat. Sorry for not sending them the week before but i happen to tied This months flies

I send mine sat. Sorry for not sending them the week before but i happen to tied This months flies

Eugward, thanks so much for the update!

I can't wait to see them in december!!! I love gettin flies from you guys! Their awesome!!! I've actually been using some of your pigboats and other small ones from you guys as steelhead and salmon flies and their catchin me tons of fish! Thanks again guys

Guys, have any of you heard from zachxbass? I sent him multiple PM's but he is AWOL! Please let me know if you have heard from him.

-Forrest

Guys, I have given up on Zach. He has not been active in almost a month on here. I will be returning an extra wiggle minnow to each of you. Eugward I send flies back to you on Saturday. Rich, as usual, you have a stockpile of flies in my basement. Joman, same for you. Kevin, we look forward to getting Sept and Oct flies from you in a few days. Just send one tin and I will put them both in the same package for you to save postage. Do you all want me to invite someone in particular to fill zach's spot or should I just put up a post asking for a replacement?

-Forrest

Doesn't matter to me who we have. And I can't remember if you have an envelope and shipping to send them back to me for when the swap is over. Could u let me know so I can get it to you if need be. Hanksn

Joman