Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - DECEMBER

For December, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying our Favorite Fly. What was your best producer this past season? Tie that fly!

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - DONE
2) Eugward
3) Eastern fly - RECEIVED
4) Joman - Similar to Pigboat - RECEIVED
5) Rich mc - RECEIVED

-Forrest

unsure of name... similar to pig boat...its my favorite

Hook: 2/0

tail Zonker(blue or purple...depending how the dye turns out)

body: same as tail

skirt: rubber skirt

Head: purple 8/0 thread

Alright guys, last month! How are things going? I have updated the list of those I have flies from. I have retied my tube flies and I am much happier with them! You will be getting them with December's flies.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

-Forrest

Hey just wonderin if you'd received eugwards flies yet? I'm getting excited to see the second half of the years flies.... May not be able to fish rthem till june.... But still excited!!!

I hope they are there by now. I send them jan 2. A little late. I have enjoyed all of the flies that everyone was tied.

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was on a business trip for a little over a week. I don't usually advertise when I am going to be gone for extended periods of time. Anyways, I am back now and in the mail were Eugward's flies. I will sort these and send them out tomorrow, 1/20/14. Thanks for a great year of swaps! I am going to take some time away from the swaps to focus on some patterns for the Smoky Mountains and Driftless area. This year I am going to try and make quite a few more trips trout fishing. Please let me know when you all get your flies!

-Forrest

Received last night! From what I saw they were all awesome! I only took a quick look late last nigt but gonna really go through this evening! Thanks again for having me in the swap and all the great flies! And famill00 thanks you so much for hosting it was a great year!