Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eandlfishing

Fenwicks

Yes and Yes! I even occasionally use my old Fenwick "glass" rod, and truly enjoy it's slow action for throwing large hairy bass bugs!

My uncle made me one for a graduation present. I broke the tip off of it. I loved it when i used it. Fenwhick normally has promotions online where you get some gear with a purchase.

I've got a Fenwick that I built back in 1978 and it has never let me down; Wish the rod could say the same about me!smiley-char092.gif

Yes and Yes also, built a FL-102-6 8'6" glass rod 25 years ago, still use it, it presents and lands a fly so lightly, love the rod.

My father-in-law gave me a Fenwick that may be older than I am and it is still a great rod. A little heavy by today's standards but casts great

My father gave me his older fenwick. great rod, easy to cast, and very light compared to what i had been using previously. before I was using a 'berkley safari' or something like that. Old rod, beat to crap, but it served me well through the summer and i caught some my biggest trout on it. But switching to the fenwick was like like a dream. amazingly sensitive and shoot a line perfectly. would recomend.

Lost complete interest in Fenwick products when they outsourced production to Taiwan ROC in the late 80s. Fenwick became a name with little (to nothing) in common with the products from their better days.

Lost complete interest in Fenwick products when they outsourced production to Taiwan ROC in the late 80s. Fenwick became a name with little (to nothing) in common with the products from their better days.

Notice that all the Fenwick fans are talking about older rods. Everything I've seen from Fenwick for the past decade or more has been very disappointing.

My first nice fly rod was an old Fenglass 8' 5wt in about 1972, as a young boy I was hell on the panfish with that thing. Only wish I still had it today.

Back when I lived in NY my favorite night fishing rod for Browns was a Fenwick 9ft 7 wt glass rod I bought in 1970 or 71.

Fenwick did make a nice rod. Another fine rod of the era was Lamiglass which I actually prefered.

Another fine rod of the era was Lamiglass which I actually prefered.

I've been tempted to build up a Lamiglas FL904, their 7.5 ft 4 wt. 2 pc. rod in their honey colored blank, but never got around to it. A lot of the glass guys still speak quite highly of that model and their 3 wts in particular. Not sure how today's Lamiglas blanks compare to the old rods.