Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - February

Glad to see Riff avalible to take my spot, he does some great work. BB thanks for having me....I be following along...

Thanks, Yetavon. Hope to swap with you again soon.

We received 2 more sets of flies yesterday. We have now received flies from Jolly Red. Awesome work! Thank you very much. And we have 3 month's worth of flies from Famill00! Thanks, Forrest, for your flies. They arrived safe and sound. Great work, and thanks, guys, for the extras!

Take care

BB

Oooops! My bad. I see that I have failed to acknowledge the receipt of ChefBen's flies. They arrived a few days ago, and I thought I had already posted about them. They are a very colorful fly and I'm sure that the 'gills are going to love them. The only thing is that they are individually packaged in small plastic envelopes and I may not be able to get those envelopes in some of the small boxes that some of you guys use to send in your flies. So some of you may get the fly without the plastic envelope. I'll do the best I can, though, to get the envelopes to all of you.

Take care

BB

We received flies today from BassBugn. This is a very pretty fly and you guys are going to love it. And so are the "gills. Thanks, BassBugn.

BB

Riff, those are great! Glad to see you're back! Yetavon, sad to see you go...you're flies were awesome!

I know I've been a bit MIA lately. Work has been hectic, and after being on my feet all day, all I want to do when I get home is eat dinner, crash on the couch, and watch Netflix til bedtime. It's bad. Sooo...this month kinda snuck up on me. I've got some red San Juan Worms that I'll get out today. My goal is to hit the post office by 4 so that they make today shipment, and with any luck they'll get to BB by Saturday.

In Summary: I'm alive, and wormies'll be in the mail today.

OK, guys, I've now able to make a report. I didn't want to post earlier, because I'd rather not post some things on the Internet, but we've been out of town for a few days. My wife and I just got home from a short Florida vacation to visit with our son, our daugher-in-love, and our twin grandchildren. We had a fabulous time, but I didn't want to say on the internet that the house was going to be vacant for a few days. But we are back now, so it doesn't matter now. While we were gone, 3 sets of flies arrived. We now have flies from IMX, a very interesting set of flies. You're all going to enjoy just smoking this one over, and if you dare cast it to some hungry 'gills, they are going to love it too. The second set is from Crackleback and they are a very neat set of dragonflies. And finally, we have some great San Juan Worms from a highly overworked Restarwen. I believe that's all of them except from mine and Riff's. His should be here any day, and I'm behind on getting mine tied. Work and vacation sort of got in the way. And one more thing. While we were rushing around at the last minute, trying to get out the door to leave on our vacation, my jacket caught the handle on my rotary Danvise and tipped the homemade tying table which sits on a wooden folding table and the whole thing crashed to the floor. We didn't have time to be neat, so my wife and I just picked everything up, tools, bottles, thread, hooks, flies, bead chain eyes, etc and dumped them in a box. So once I get the mess sorted out, I'll get busy and try to finish tying my set. Once I get Riff's and get through tying mine, I'll try to get them in the mail ASAP. Hopefully my work schedule is about to slow down a bit and I won't be the end of the month and beyond trying to get my flies tied for next month.

glad to hear the flies arrived..i was just about to inquire if you had received them..

i'm happy you a great time on your vacation

Riff's flies arrived today, but I haven't had a chance to look at them yet. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are here. Also, I have completed tying my set. But it's probably going to be Monday before I get a chance to sort them and get them back in the mail. I have to be out of town tomorrow, and Sunday is always a busy day for me. Thank you all for being patient!

Take care

BB

Thanks, Riff. I'm glad they got here too. I was starting to worry. Good deal on the March set. I'll take good care of them for you.

BB

OK, Guys, The flies went out in today's mail. Everyone will be getting a set except Riff and BassMouth. I am holding Riff's until the March set goes out and BassMouth's until the April set goes out and their request. This was a very fine set of flies and everyone had enough postage for a change which is really rare. And I do appreciate the extras from everyone. In March, the rule is that you have to tie a fly that you've never tied before. I call it, "Learn A New Pattern." You are on your honor to tie up a set of flies of a pattern that you've never tied before. So hit the books, surf the web and come up with something new. Remember, though, that this is a Bluegill Swap, so find something that is suitable for Bluegill fishing. Have fun.

BB