Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JoeFish

Northern Ohio Fly tying show

I swore when I missed last years, I would make this years............unfortunately, it's not to be this year either........I am driving my son's boy scout troop down to s. Carolina for the weekend.......You guys will have to give us a full report.......

Mike

well the show was pretty good, me and my friend got to watch Dennis Potter teach a seminar for about an hour and a half. learned some tricks, it was pretty neat. He was really cool and funny.

i got a good deal on 2 silver grade whiting full capes. two for $60. i should have got more and in different colors. i got a brown and a grizzly. i already had a grizzly, brown, and a medium dun half saddles.

I met up with Lance, and it was nice meeting him.

the bamboo rodmakers were really cool, and the one was Japanese (i think), his name was something Kiri. he had some real sweet rods on display, and until some guy he knew came by and barged in, Kiri was real cool to talk to. answered a ton of questions from me. the rods were just beautiful. he also had a cool rod turning system that put the wraps around the bamboo before drying. ill post a picture if anyone wants to see.

Im looking forward to meeting everyone at the dayton and cincinnatti area shows.

Joe

I'm defiently gonna be at the Cincy show and am trying to make the Dayton show. Keep me posted and we will meet up. I'll be the guy wearing the FlyTyingForum.com hat biggrin.gif

Dennis tied his X-caddis and an elk hair caddis using opal tinsel as a body, and he also tied a parachute dun using the opal tinsel as the body.

He is quite the character.

SmallieHunter,

Ill be the 22yr old kid with a beat to hell blue hat that has a couple fish on it. I will probably be with some of my college buddies, they arent too hard to miss, two real big brothers. we will meet up during the show sometime.

Joe

It was nice to meet you Joe. smile.gif

It's really nice to see how well this show is growing. It's in its third year and has pretty well doubled in that time. The first year was a few local shops a few tiers and some fishing clubs selling raffle tickets. This year the local shops had there stuff there were two full rows of tiers, Simms had a stand as well as various other vendors. David Ruimveld was also displaying his fantastic artwork. Nobody in the group I was with were really prepared for the vendors there and were all a little cash poor vs what we wanted to spend. I managed to get out with moderate damage. I picket up an autographed copy of the "Emergers" book 3 colored necks for playing with more streamers and a very nice silver pheasant skin. rolleyes.gif Gonna have some fun now! tongue.gif cool.gif

Oh and I got some good one-on one time with some of the tiers and picked some nice techniques as well as getting to watch some actually using the magic tool in erson. A Very Cool DAY!

well, tidbit, you missed the eastlake show, it was the 15th.

i made another post and brought it back to the top about the dayton show.

all i know is its a boat show, the first weekend in Feb, and it is at Hara Arena. Mike_A(i think) pmed me and said that cornmuse is giving a talk about fly fishing the Great Miami River.

There will be a big show in Cincinnatti Feb. 12th put on by Buckeye United Fly Fishers. see thier website for those details.

Swinks,

BUMMER ive_been_ripped.gif

I don't get to many shows but that was only a couple of hours from my home. Would have been nice.

Is that:

buckeyeunitedflyfishers.com

or

buckeyeunitedflyfishers.org

dunno.gif ,

thanks,

tidbit