Fly Tying
rockworm

Third Annual Evolution Swap

Received a beautiful set of umbrella flies from natedubay yesterday! We are now waiting for the last four sets. With two weeks to go I could have your Evo Series in the mail by May first.

I was just about to write you about them, I was starting to get worried.

You don't have the flies before and after mine yet, but as you look at the first 6, how does the evolution look so far?

Pretty gradual, or do we have some big jumps?

Although most of us think of evolution as the slow, gradual change of physical characteristics (and probably behaviour as well,) it appears that it can, at times, make drastic and rapid jumps. My overall impression of the trend of EvoIII is one of careful, gradual change. Somewhat more conservative than in previous years. This year no one (except the swapmeister) has attempted to perform a jump.

Addy please... Hopefully they will go in the mail tomorrow, but Saturday morning at the latest.

C

Not too bad, made it there in 9 days, that's pretty rockin compared to when I've mailed to Canada before.

Blane

Not too bad, made it there in 9 days, that's pretty rockin compared to when I've mailed to Canada before.

Blane

Very good time, indeed! But if I were still in Indy it would have been 2 days- 3 days max. God bless the USPS!

Mailed my flies yesterday. Hopefully they will make it by the deadline

C

It has been quiet for the last few days. But that's to be expected near the end of a swap. The last couple of tyers have their flies in the mail and as soon as I have them in my hands I will start putting together the Third Evolution Series.

Today's mail brought some excellent tyes by cencalfly and Dezod. We now only need Sjo's flies, which should be on their way. I will start preparation for photos etc this weekend. Thanks to all of you for making this swap possible.