Fly Tying
rockworm

Third Annual Evolution Swap

mybadhabit's Blue Sided Black Spinner sounds like a fine completion to this swap.

Piker- You need to submit twelve flies.

That's very considerate of you Paul. But don't forget I got 2 swap sets last year. Besides, I am now the official backup man and may yet get an opportunity to tye.

Cencalfly you've really not made this very easy to finish out on my friend, since I don't exactly know how you're doing what you're doing, my change will be:

Evolutionary challenges at work. I belive the rule is that we cannot post a picture of the swap fly or I would message you one.

Rockworm - I'll be glad to tie up more. No need to be a backup in my book.

Cencalfly you've really not made this very easy to finish out on my friend, since I don't exactly know how you're doing what you're doing, my change will be:

Evolutionary challenges at work. I belive the rule is that we cannot post a picture of the swap fly or I would message you one.

Rockworm - I'll be glad to tie up more. No need to be a backup in my book.

x2

So 13 it is, come on guys! This swapmeister is too considerate to be passed out!

I will gladly join a swap like Rockworm proposed with prediscribed ingredients. That will be a blast!

The first three patterns have already been received. I sent an extras, but not sure if one was for the swap. I would be glad to send one to whoever is missing the opening fly. Kind of spendy to send one fly to Canada however.

The first three patterns have already been received. I sent an extras, but not sure if one was for the swap. I would be glad to send one to whoever is missing the opening fly. Kind of spendy to send one fly to Canada however.

Bob- you sent 3 extra swap flies so don't worry about postage to Canada. You know, in both previous Evo Swaps there was at least one dropout or no-show. So I wouldn't worry too much about a thirteenth fly.

I will gladly join a swap like Rockworm proposed with predescribed ingredients. That will be a blast!

Sjo

If someone doesn't beat me to it I will host that swap when this one is completed.

In fact, I am considering a swap where each tyer designs his fly using the materials specified by the swapmeister.

sjo, is this the swap you mean? I'm up for that too. It'd be OK with me to start it before this one is done.

In fact, I am considering a swap where each tyer designs his fly using the materials specified by the swapmeister.

sjo, is this the swap you mean? I'm up for that too. It'd be OK with me to start it before this one is done.

What he said. It would be nice if hook style and size were left open though.

yeah I agree hook style should be open, provides much greater creativity with the material list.