Fly Tying
FishBoone

What fish do you like to fish for?

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mainly trout during the summer, maybe some smallmouth bass mixed in. Perch/walleye through the ice in winter. And Steelhead in late winter/early spring.

Nothin but pike and bass. Nothing beats having 30 inches of muscel and teeth hitting a top water fly.

I mostly fish panfish and then the bass just seem to come to the hook. If there was carp in my local small creeks it would probably be carp.

Pike, take all varieties of bait, fly or lure and are perfect evolutionary killing machines. Perch run close second with their bold stripes and big attitude.

Steelhead are #1 for me. Don't get to fish for them as often as I'd like, so trout fill in the gaps. Smallies in the summer when the water's too warm to harass the trout.

Dolly Varden, Artic Char, Grayling, Brown, Brook, Cutthroat, Yellowstone Cutthroat, Golden, Rainbow, Steelhead, Chinook, Coho, Sockeye and Pink Salmon.

I am a LMB chaser from way back, however, now I live in Nova Scotia and LMBs are almost non-existant so I chase trout and salmon. However, there is a population of smallmouth that were illegally introduced and spread throughout the island (Cape Breton) and the locals pretty much hate them, so I think I will start targeting them and eating them to appease the local bass haters....biggrin.png

That's a funny story--- many years ago when I lived in far northern Maine, I fished the Aroostook River which flowed into New Brunswick. In Maine it was pretty dead for the most part. There was a rather large hydro dam just on the NB side of the border. We got the idea to go Grouse hunting in NB, so we went over to the Fish'n'Game department in Perth-Andover to get licenses. When I was there I asked the Canuckistani Warden if there was good fishing in the Aroostook around there. He kind of snorted and said people do pick up the occasional Atlantic that strays up from the St. John, and once in a while a good Brook Trout, but it was usually so full of "TRASH FISH" that most locals don't bother with it. I was thinking suckers and carp... and I asked him what kind of trash fish? He said "it's full of those damned smallmouth bass and when it clears off in May you can hardly fish because they eat everything you throw out there." !!!!! I said "add a fishing license, I'll see what it's about." This was in the early 90's, we asked the border check station if we could just cross the border on the river road without going out of the way to the check station every day and they said OK. It was only about 20 minutes from work. Turned out to be the absolute best river fly fishing for smallmouth bass I have ever had. I caught my largest fly rod smallmouths, several over 21 inches, and had evenings catching over 40 bass on surface flies. It was astounding in June, and almost totally empty. One man's trash is truly another man's treasure.