Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

Michigan Tie In?

Excellent!

When we get closer to the date we can set up a list of what people are bringing etc!

Yup that is what I thought Ben. I am talking to a few places to get some stuff to raffle off. One thing I know I have already been promised is a knife made from obsidian my friend and hunting buddy make them all winter long while he is out west then sells them on his way back to pay for his hunting trips all year long. Here is a knife like he makes

post-10925-0-52055000-1362170181_thumb.jpg

The one he is making for this is going to have a fly that I tie inlayed into the handle which will be made of stag horn

Holy Smokes, Riffle !!! That's a beautiful knife !!!

You sure you don't want to move the venue to Florida???

Thanks Mike he does great work he has been teaching me how to do the knapping on them but he is a true master of it he makes arrowheads ties necklaces all kinds of stuff. as for moving the venue I don't think the authorities would like me to tow my hog cooker thru 6 states smoking all the way :lol:

mad.gif First an excellent looking hand made knife, now one of Steve's fly rods ???

I have got to get some military unit up there to require a class that week so I can be there !!!

I cannot wait!! Riff are we going fish during the weekend of the tie in? That would be pretty cool. Especially cause the place ill be is nice and close!

that would be cool Ben bring your rods I am going to try to take a few pics of the clubhouse to show the proximity to the lake it is literally a stones throw from the water and I already talked to the guy I get all my hogs from and reserved a hog for then it will be killed on the wednesday before cleaned and put in a cooler to age for me to pick up on Friday it will go straight on the cooker over my special mix of hardwood and fruitwood to cook for 14-16 hours then I will pull it all off the bone put some in BBQ sauce and leave some plain

Im reading all this deliciousness from my desk at work and now Im starving. Appreciate it Riff!

I have been cooking hogs for 20 years and in all that time I have never had anyone complaign they didn't like it I did have a guy from Tennessee tell me it was the best dead pig he ever ate before The hog comes from an old guy that grew up with my dad he raises the best hogs I ever seen they are all organic free range hogs only thing better is a wild one