Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Spey swap

ok I have waited for a while for these flies to come. I have mine, vicrider and riff to work with. I will take an even split and ship them out tomorrow.

Kevin

got mine today Thanks for hosting great tying Kevin and Vic

I waited more then long enough to get all of them. Two sets where lost in the mail. Most backed out.

Kevin

To say Im upset is putting it mildly. I can not believe it happened again! I have lost 3 sets of flies since the winter. There already is an outstanding investigation into the last issue I had. I went in to talk to them last week and got the cold shoulder. Like they were pissed that I was making waves! I cant even conceive of using the postal service for anything. From now on I will strictly be doing business with UPS and the UPS can go to hell!

To say Im upset is putting it mildly. I can not believe it happened again! I have lost 3 sets of flies since the winter. There already is an outstanding investigation into the last issue I had. I went in to talk to them last week and got the cold shoulder. Like they were pissed that I was making waves! I cant even conceive of using the postal service for anything. From now on I will strictly be doing business with UPS and the UPS can go to hell!

Ross I have no idea what happen to yours or Frank's. If I get them I will send them back.

Kevin

Sorry for late response Kevin but mine came thru fine. Kind of sad that things didn't go well for this swap. The flys I got are very nice, including my own.rolleyes.gif

The thing with this swap and the disparity of fulfilled obligations is that I spent around $45 to get the hooks and materials to do those flys. Sure, I have material left over and will have other places it can be used beside speys, but it is a little aggravating to spend that and not have the nice assortment of flys we'd committed to. One thing I am glad of is that I learned some of the techniques and I've since tied spey patterns all the way down to size 14 with various materials. Some of them are really neat and should be great streamers in any stream. The big ones should be fine for local bass and hybrid stripers. Thanx for all your work in this Kevin and sorry it didn't go as well as some others have gone for you.

Before you get po'ed at me freak, I can understand your anger at losses in mail. I've been lucky to never have a horror story in hundreds of shipments, including many bamboo rods and Hardy reels going into thousands of dollars. Never a loss and never a damage. Just good Karma I guess.