Fly Tying
gpd4

Popper Swap

anyone heard from hooked01, looks like the last time he was online here was 20 April. Hope everything is ok and nothing has happened to him.

I just got a message from him that he was going to have to drop...so everyone gets one of their flies back if you want it back and I'll have them in the mail as soon as I get the last package - my guess is tomorrow or Friday.

as swapmeister, you are entitled to mine, or donate to casting for recovery chapter or wounded warrior project if you'd like.

All flies that are coming have arrived. I'm going to try to get them all back out today or tomorrow.

Thank you all for joining - there will be fish with sore lips all over in the next week or so!

My morning has been less than productive, so all the flies are sorted and all but two are in the mailbox to go out today. Mike, I need to get stamps and will do so when I take Christopher's package to fedex.

Thank you all for the extras and tight lines to you all!

any pics of a complete set of them for the swappers to drool over and others who didn't join can see what they missed until they arrive at their destinations? If not, that's cool, just asking.

any pics of a complete set of them for the swappers to drool over and others who didn't join can see what they missed until they arrive at their destinations? If not, that's cool, just asking.

I'd be keen to see a couple of pics as well.... I built my first non-kit popper last night (out of foam and mylar), minus the finishing touches and am keen to see others...

I am ashamed of my work! You guys really outdid yourselves, especially crackleback, amazing spinning my friend! I really am kicking myself for going balsa, next time they will be deer hair and they will be better!

Thanks for the kind words Christopher K. Mine came today and were swimming in a local pond within the hour. I also got pics of all the flies and will post them over in the "swap pics" thread.

-Mike

My swap flies came in the mail yesterday. They are great. Everyone who sent flies in did a wonderful job on them. I forgot the toe tag on mine (sorry) it was the turned chartruese foam popper with olive maribou tail. I tied it on a B 10 S size 6 Gamakatsu hook for a larger hook gap. Let me know how they work, or anything I could do to improve them.

have mine also. nice job everyone!

thanks and tight lines to all...

gary

Mine arrived and as usual it is just like Christmas morning. These flies are going to be used later this summer on the late evenings chasing crappie and white perch. crackleback, I really appreciate the hair stacking. I an working on my stacking and will look forward to doing an equal job someday. Christopher, I am especially looking forward to using your balsa popper. I suspect it will like a cork... ;-D I'm planning on catching many smallies this summer with it.

Last question, Nate, what the hell is that frog made of and how did you make it? My daughter is bugging me to make some of these into earrings for her.

gpd4, Thank you for hosting this one. Glad to see you made it back form you trip unscathed. I realized I'd didn't toe tag mine either. If anyone has success with them, please let me know. I'll be using mine to chase stripers later this fall.

Michael