Fly Tying
picketpin

what is your favorite fly

If i have to choose just one fly, it would be an unweighted olive wooly bugger on a size 10 dry fly hook with grizzly cock hackle. I could fish it either wet or dry and a wooly bugger will always catch fish.

James

Well being from British Columbia I would have to say the mikulak sedge has always been my favorite fly to fish that's for sure.

After taking a 30" rainbow bugeyes.gif in 4 feet of water it had me sold.I have also had fun with it after dark in July casting to the sounds of thrashing takes and start stripping and..........Bam fish on!!!!

We wait for the end of June and early July very patiently every year!!!

I don't have enough experience to have a favorite fly, but I do love to spin deer hair flies.

BFR

Can't wait to see if the bass love them too!!!

My most productive fly is a bead head caddis nymph, size 14-16. My favorite to tie is Royal Trude. It is also fairly productive on the Hooch as well.

I still haven't fly fished yet, but as far as looks of a fly, if I were a big brown I'd fall for all of the extended body flies, especially the Giant Michigan Mayfly, Hexagenia limbata, mmmmmm, my mouth waters just thinking about em laugh.gif

my favorite fly is a clouser minnow I know I'll get an argument from some saying it"s a jig not a fly I have allready been down that road and my reply is always the same "it's a fly to me I'm here for the fun FISH ON " in my opion maybe one of the most versitale flies out there salt water or fresh doesn't matter it catches fish biggrin.gif

Favorite Fly

Trout:

Dry: CDC and Elk

Nymph: BH soft hackle PT Nymph

Panfish:

Top: Small Sneaky Pete

Subsurf: Green Weenie

Smallmouth/Largemouth

Top: Sneaky Pete

Subsurf: Spey Fleye

Salt:

Top: Crease Fly