Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Breathable Waders

I'm thinking of buying a pair of breathable waders. I have read about all the qualities of these waders except for one thing and that is the noise factor.

Can anyone tell me how noisy these things are to walk in-- other loose fitting waders made of rubber or whatever seem to generate alot of swish swish noise during walking.

Thanks for any info.

Thats the first time i've ever heard that question asked laugh.gif wink.gif

They make a slight 'swish" sound but only walking on the land, you cant wade fast enough to make any noise in the water with them and if you could then the noise and wake from wadeing that fast would be higher than any noise from the waders wink.gif

Breathables are the only way to go, I cant say I've heard them make any noise over the sound of my drag screaming!!!LOL!!! Take the plunge you will never look back. DCM

P.S. Check out the Orvis Silver Lable, great waders under two bills.

You won't even notice the slight swish sound of the waders. You'll be so comfortable, it just won't matter! wink.gif

Oh, and BTW, for anyone looking Sierra Trading Post has the Patagonia SST+ waders on sale for $215. A great set of waders

Do you plan on using the waders for fishing or to break into peoples houses? I never noticed any irratating sound from walking. Sure there may be some noise but they are very light and comfortable.

Sign in to follow this