7.mybadhabit - #12 Double Renegade - Finished

8.breambuster - Elk hair caddis - Received

9.fshrmanms - #14 Yellow Palmer - Received

10.C Teeter - Received

11.P.G. Beckett -

12.Dezod - PMD colored Comparaduns

13.RRSS - #16 Mosquito Mayfly - Received

14.Margaretann - #8 Bird's Stonefly

It's dry's this month, so how are things going and what are you tying this month, please chime in. Remember, it's 13 flies.

Thanks

Blane

Mines a wee fly I found works well in hatches of heather flies and small sedges even though it looks nothing like a sedge to me.

I'll be tying one called the Morgan's Ear, size 12. This is a caddis imitation, and looks like it should do well.

I am tying my dad's goto trout fly he called it the Mosquito Mayfly I am tying it in a size 16

here is a pic

attachicon.gifmosquitomayfly.jpg

That is a sweet looking fly riff. I bet that will bring a few fish to hand out here.

C

I'll be shipping some PMD colored compraduns. Love the low floating silhouette of these. I am in the middle of a home remodel, so flies might not get there until the 11th hour, so to speak, but they will get there.

C

I tied all day yesterday at Fly Fish Texas, saw some really cool things being tied, or should I say carved. It was a balsa wood baitfish popper with a detached hook, in other words, it was hollowed out on the bottom and you string a line thru it and tie off the hook, so if the fish tries to throw the lure, it just slides up the line and you go fetche it if the fish breaks you off, it was really cool how he made them, also was sitting next to a friend that demonstrated many different types of flies he uses locally, I tied several of my July poppers there, they take about 20-30 mins each, and had several people sit and watch the whole process, also managed to hand out a couple of flies too.

I also was told that Europeans have a different way of tying a "Paraloop" type fly, and I think the guy that showed me the fly he was given in France and I figured out how it is done. I think I will put it in a SBS and post it here on the forum, but not until I get it mastered. It is a really ingenious way of doing it, and I hope we get it right, otherwise I just blowing smoke, don't like doing that tho. :) ;)

After 8 hours of tying yesterday, my ass hurt from sitting on a folding chair for that long and it was a long drive there, but I had Margaretann as company for 1/2 the drive down there so that made it much better, I don't get to see her that much any more since she doesn't work here in Dallas any more.

Is anyone going to the sow bug rendezvous in Mountain Home AR next weekend, I can't and I would love to though, gotta make it one of these years to that or the one in October, I think it's called the Conclave.

Blane

way to go Blane I love tying at shows something I always did is keep some odd colored foam in my materials pink and yellow for the girls and dark purple and black for the boys and I would tie up a quick foam tokyo spider for the kids and give it to them as long as they watched it get tied I had one girl that came back a couple of years in a row she showed me the pics of her catching a few bluegills on the fly I gave her and then some pics of her tying the bug at home and then she handed me one in olive and black that I have on my tying desk as kind of a reminder of a kids life that I touched with fly tying It made my year for sure when I first seen this girl she was about 8 and the last time I seen her she was 12

Ok, the month is almost half over, how is everyone doing? I have 2 sets in and should be starting on mine tonite at the tying demo, hopefully will be half done by the end of the session.

Blane