Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

Big Bait Fly

6" come on now PJ, thats a panzy fly haha

You should be tying up some Brad Bohen 15" Musky flies haha

Just kidding man, it looks great, that is large for a 7wt though, you might be a better caster than me (wouldn't take much)

Great lookng fly... we fish something in similar colors for oceanside tarpon when they're moving across white sand along deeper edges... That bug on a heavy 3/0 hook would work just fine that particular situation....

Well PJ...there goes your chance of being inducted into the shuffleboard hall of fame.....or it that the wall of shame? I can never remember.....This CRS is nasty stuff

Ditz, I've pretty well given up on athletic endeavors; nobody trusts me any more. I've been under a cloud of suspicion ever since I entered a duck in the National Cockfighting Championships, and the duck won.

THAT is a nice looking fly. Kirk,is that material "corsair"? I met Jack Gartside one yr. at the Somerset show and he tied a minnow using the stuff,, when I departed I had a large bag of his stuff and his books. A very creative tyer, My library is packed up in lieu of moving,so I can't reach for his books. I believe one of them is,"Flies For The Twenty First Century". I will be at Assiteague Island this coming Aug. planned to bring both 10&11wt.rods to fish surf and[ bay] from my Kayak.Any suggestions?

THAT is a nice looking fly. Kirk,is that material "corsair"? I met Jack Gartside one yr. at the Somerset show and he tied a minnow using the stuff,, when I departed I had a large bag of his stuff and his books. A very creative tyer, My library is packed up in lieu of moving,so I can't reach for his books. I believe one of them is,"Flies For The Twenty First Century". I will be at Assiteague Island this coming Aug. planned to bring both 10&11wt.rods to fish surf and[ bay] from my Kayak.Any suggestions?

Well now Tom........Lord knows I'm man enough to take a few insults, but to be mistaken for Kirk might be grounds for a lawsuit in these parts. Not that he's a bad guy by any means, but to his everlasting shame, he's often seen in public carrying a blue handbag while wearing yellow shoes. Not to mention the fact that he's been caught sauntering down Bourbon Street wearing a white evening gown well after Labor Day. Tom, you're new around here, so you get a pass on this one, but please keep in mind that by posting on the saltwater board, you've stumbled into a nest of deviant fashionistas of every description. (not that there's anything wrong with that) The Michigan crowd especially bears watching.

On a less serious note, many thanks for the compliment on the fly. The tubing is EZ Body. I've also been experimenting with some Tech-Flex stuff I found on Ebay, (a lot cheaper) and I believe Kirk uses Flex Cord. I've also used Corsair in the past - last I knew, it was still available on Jack's website, but I've heard some rumblings that it's beginning to get hard to find.

This is gonna be my first season on the Eastern Shore, so I don't really have any suggestions for Assateague, but August is supposed to be pretty good down Wachapreague way. There are usually some big tarpon around, and nobody bothers with them much here. (go figure) I've heard that just about anything might come into the inlets in late summer - cobia, sharks, etc. - so who knows? We're about a half-hour south of Assateague, so come on down if you get the chance, and we'll show these dudes how it's done. (Geezer Power!) I've done some midsummer sight fishing for stripers in the surf, and I'm wondering if the same technique can be applied to reds. One way to find out I guess.