Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fly Tying Bench - truckey

I built it with my father. It is maple with the drawer fronts made of tiger maple. I am very proud of this desk and is my finest piece of furniture Roll top, pull out desk, some small item storage. I store most of my materials in a near by cabinet. This is actually a less cluttered state than normal. I like a cluttered desk, what can i say. “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

img514f662b4b46d.jpg

img514f6630e0767.jpg

img514f66361223d.jpg

View the full article

I like the rotating vice base. Swing the vice out to work, back to close the roll top. But does the clamping system work? I only ask because of the clip that seems to be supporting the base near the vice end.

That is beautiful work, and I love the slide out desk top.

Each time I go back and look at your photos, I become more and more impressed with your desk. The drawers, pull out work space, handles, all the little details, it is indeed a fine piece of furniture. The fact that you built it with your father I would guess makes it even more special. I envy you…. and not just for the desk. By the way, the appointments around the desk are very well done too. Beautiful!

That is outstanding.

I think rolltops make the best fly tying desks. Clean up / tidying up is as quick as closing the rolltop.

That really is beautiful!