Fly Tying
Phish

Cork popper

Okay, so I work at a wine bar and have endless amounts of cork.. Ive been making poppers for years and stopped using cork due to the fact of all the holes in the cork.. My question is what does everyone use to fill them? Ive been coating the with epoxy then sanding them smooth, it just seems like over kill due to the finish being a alcohol/epoxy fininsh also?

They shouldn't have any voids in wine corks. If there are voids I use wood filler and then sand them to shape.

Phish,

Interesting. You know one thing about expensive paints on poppers? They last a long time! So, the expense isn't really that bad. I spend more for my airbrush paints but they last forever.

No voids in wine/champagne corks makes sense otherwise air would get inside and wine would get out.

I have a nail in my bench and use a pliers to hold and bend the wire around the nail; I filed the head off the nail so I can slip the wire on/off easier. A tool made for the task would be nice though.

Kirk

Nice popper Phish, great airbrush job

what hook are you using?

thanks, Devin

Orvis 13KE 6/0

The next batch will have articulated shank with Gama SC-15 hooks off the back.:)