Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Get a Free Pack of GCO Fly Tying Hooks

The code worked for me as well, thanks! I bought 5 packs last time around and they are of good quality. Will be purchasing more in the future. Thanks again.

Just a quick note -- I think you have a typo on the "sprout" bend hooks -- shouldn't that be sproat?

Don't ya love auto correct? :)

I just placed an order for some hooks.

Some GC2457 Down eye, 2x heavy, 2xwide, 2x short.

Hope they work out for eggs

Must say whomever is doing your website is doing a very nice job.

Order form was easy and quick.

No guessing on fields and right to the point.

-FlyTieDad

My family and friends tie hundreds of flies a year. I had previously used a pack of these hooks and loved them! Told everyone i could think of about this offer! They all signed up instantly for a chance to try a wonderful new product!

thank you very much for this offer! opening day for trout is next saturday and i've been tying some up for the day. came at a great time!! thanx again

budd.

Repeat customer here. Bought tons of dry fly hooks and just ordered a pack of wet hooks. If they get Salmon/Steelhead hooks in the future, I'll be getting all my hooks from GCO.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had their hooks sent out yet? I know that he is very busy, but i am starting to worry about how long the order is pending.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had their hooks sent out yet? I know that he is very busy, but i am starting to worry about how long the order is pending.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope this isn't a sign of the customer service to be expected if these turn out to be good hooks.

I received my order about 10 days from ordering.

For those of you trying to get the free hooks ... maybe you actually have to order something with those hooks. The free hooks come with a purchase. I am not getting them, so I don't know for sure, but that's my guess, since Utyer didn't have problems.

For those of you trying to get the free hooks ... maybe you actually have to order something with those hooks. The free hooks come with a purchase. I am not getting them, so I don't know for sure, but that's my guess, since Utyer didn't have problems.

Here is a copy of the first part of the OP's original post. "For a limited time I am giving away a free pack of GCO fly tying hooks. I want to get hooks in as many fly tiers' hands as possible so you can see for yourself the quality of the hooks that I have to offer and I am confident enough in the quality that I am willing to pay for your first pack because I believe you will come back to purchase more."

From the sounds of this I understood it that I didn't need to place an order per say. I was planning on placing an order if I liked the free pack. This is why I thought he offered this in the first place was to get a pack in the hands of people who have not tried the hooks out yet. Maybe your right about needing to spend some money first, but I wanted to check them out first before I placed an order. I placed my order on 3/26 and my order is still "pending"

How big of a company are they? I'm guessing they got a lot of free 'orders' on top of regular orders and figure it might take longer than usual. I figure if they are free waiting a bit isn't a big deal.