Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Get a Free Pack of GCO Fly Tying Hooks

Yeah guys, I'm pretty sure you need to place an actual paid order for the free hook offer. So I wouldn't expect those "free" hooks anytime soon.

Yeah guys, I'm pretty sure you need to place an actual paid order for the free hook offer. So I wouldn't expect those "free" hooks anytime soon.

That isn't what he advertised. He sent me confirmation that my order was being filled and the status is "processing". I'm fine if I don't get them. I just don't think it is good business to advertise something and then not do it. Maybe it was costing him more than he expected and couldn't fulfill his obligations??? Anyway, it's all good. I am not out anything but a little time.

Never received my free hooks, but did receive an order of 5 packs (only received 4 though) in about a week. But I do agree, he is losing out on a lot of business by not fulfilling promises.

I ordered mine on March 28th but haven't heard anything.

I understand his need to fulfill his actual paying orders first but it would be nice to get an update on when or if I should expect them.

FlyTieDad

Here is my specific situation, I am graduating from college and returning to my home country in south america and wanted to see the quality of these hooks before placing a large order so that I could get them before I leave the USA for good in two weeks...its a shame those didnt come in quicker as they would have been what would have convinced me to bring my business here rather than my current source...no harm no foul I guess...

I placed my order April 28th and have emailed with no response. My order status shows processing as well. According to my wife my credit card has already been charged. I don't mind waiting but I would appreciate reading up front that there are delays in shipment. It bugs me that they haven't responded to my email either......now I'm to the point I just want my money refunded and I will purchase my hooks elsewhere. I'll give them another week but after reading the other posts it seems like that won't even be sufficient time. I hope they are reading these issues on the forum. I'm not sure what avenue to take to get my money back and order cancelled if they are unable to fill the order. Too bad as they had great prices on their hooks...on the website atleast anyways.

If the hooks have not arrived by the time your credit card bill comes, call the credit card company's 800 number and protest the charge. They will recover the funds from the vendor. I've had to do this several times over the years. In my view a vendor should never charge a customer's CC unless the product is ready to ship.

It's too bad really. I put in an order for 1200 hooks on 5/7 that cost 6.99/100 hooks. I got an email on 5/8 that the order was shipped and with a USPS tracking number number, and shipping was free. A one day turnaround is pretty typical for the vendor that I use.

I also was going give GCO a try but since they never sent me the sample hooks either, they lost out.

i recieved my order and also the pack of free hooks. it took quite a bit longer than normal. you can look at your account at see what status it is in.

If the hooks have not arrived by the time your credit card bill comes, call the credit card company's 800 number and protest the charge. They will recover the funds from the vendor. I've had to do this several times over the years. In my view a vendor should never charge a customer's CC unless the product is ready to ship.

It's too bad really. I put in an order for 1200 hooks on 5/7 that cost 6.99/100 hooks. I got an email on 5/8 that the order was shipped and with a USPS tracking number number, and shipping was free. A one day turnaround is pretty typical for the vendor that I use.

I also was going give GCO a try but since they never sent me the sample hooks either, they lost out.

thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

I finally got my hook order.

Well not really.

I ordered some GC2457 on March 28 and I received an order of 100's on May 17th.

Well at least they were free.

-FlyTieDad

I placed a paid order on 23 May for 200 hooks. No free hook stuff, this was a normal paid order.

My CC was billed immediately.

The status shows as "processing" under my account as of 2 minutes ago. It is 2 June.

10 days and they have not shipped yet. One man show, I know, but I'd like to see a bit faster shipping time than that. At least I hear theyre good hooks.

I placed a paid order on 23 May for 200 hooks. No free hook stuff, this was a normal paid order.

My CC was billed immediately.

The status shows as "processing" under my account as of 2 minutes ago. It is 2 June.

10 days and they have not shipped yet. One man show, I know, but I'd like to see a bit faster shipping time than that. At least I hear theyre good hooks.

I hope you get your hooks soon. I don't think it is cool for any company to charge someone's credit card for something until it has been shipped. My order from 3/26/13 is still processing. I'm just glad I was checking out the hooks and only put in for the free pack. Gave me a chance to check out the customer service without being out any money. Have placed orders and picked up hooks from 5 other places since 3/26. All the places have shipped within 2 days.

Finally got my free hooks. Not the ones I ordered but they were a style I use often. They look good. I placed an order during his big hook sale over the holiday weekend. Website shows that they have been shipped. Hoping everything is going good at GCO now.

Just got my paid hook order with all the half price hooks I could afford! Ordered from J. Stockard and GCO on the same day and received both orders the same day! Great deal!