Fly Tying
C LeBo

April Flies From The Vice!

Just another really quick and simple streamer type, sparse. Featherwing is hackle tips in orange (inside) and cerise (outside).

post-29540-0-61585200-1366462398_thumb.jpg

I was sitting in the sun, spotted a couple of bluebottles buzzing around, and came up with this:

This one is on a Kamasan size 14 B160, but I imagine you could tie as big as a 10, which I might do soon :)

housefly_zps4375a15c.jpg

Been a busy month smile.png

Double articulated hog snare

photo-21_zps98f25877.jpg

chartreuse diver

photo-21_zpse54be2df.jpg

burned goose spey (hackle stem should have been trimmed more)

photo-21_zps0668b626.jpg

and my first dee smile.png

image_zps4a07a2f9.jpeg

photo-21_zpsede00832.jpg

will post more pics when I have time.

Nice ties.

Your Dee looks pretty decent and the wings have a nice low profile. The one thing I would try to address is the wing placement. You should try to get the wings attached side by side otherwise if one is on top of the other it will cause your fly to roll in the water instead of sitting level. Keep at it your doing good. I have only tied two myself and I am no expert but I have made the same mistake. You may want to try and tie your wings in hand. Here is a good link for yah to look at.

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=38690

Been a busy month smile.png

Double articulated hog snare

photo-21_zps98f25877.jpg

chartreuse diver

photo-21_zpse54be2df.jpg

burned goose spey (hackle stem should have been trimmed more)

photo-21_zps0668b626.jpg

and my first dee smile.png

image_zps4a07a2f9.jpeg

photo-21_zpsede00832.jpg

will post more pics when I have time.

Nice ties.

Your Dee looks pretty decent and the wings have a nice low profile. The one thing I would try to address is the wing placement. You should try to get the wings attached side by side otherwise if one is on top of the other it will cause your fly to roll in the water instead of sitting level. Keep at it your doing good. I have only tied two myself and I am no expert but I have made the same mistake. You may want to try and tie your wings in hand. Here is a good link for yah to look at.

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=38690

Thanks, I realized that after I tied it, the next one I did I tied it in hand (easier than the other way too) and it turned out perfect :)

Just another really quick and simple streamer type, sparse. Featherwing is hackle tips in orange (inside) and cerise (outside).

attachicon.gifP4202167.JPG

Back in action and ready for opener my friend?

Back in action and ready for opener my friend?

Yep! Back in action tho still a bit jet lagged and just waiting till after next weekend and i will be on the river a lot! Going to be a lot of fun testing winters ties and seeing what nibbles.

I got some CDC to have a play with.

I came up with an F Fly variation

FFlyvariation_zps960dab5a.jpg

Hares ear body, on a size 12 Veniard Osprey curved hook, used the tying thread to rib the body on the way back up, CDC wing, then I used waste CDC to create a thorax

Then, I added it to a spider pattern. CDC and black spider. Thread body, spin the CDC in a dubbing loop, brush out, then hackle

BlackandCDCspider_zpsc6586a48.jpg