Fly Tying
C LeBo

April Flies From The Vice!

Wet Adult Damsel flies for if and when we get a summer. Maybe we will this year!

post-43582-0-33380600-1367065351_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

C.

Thanks PJ, odd thing is, the green back that was airbrushed Copic marker and didn't bleed is the same marker that ran on the side using it as a pen. It actually bled before the clear top coating.

Thanks Fishy, that's become by favorite style usually in shad or fire tiger but I'm liking the looks of this little bass, may have to make some more.

Kirk

A little Rabid Dog, Baby Bass. The stripe marker bled a little but I don't think the fish will care.

Kirk

kirk-dietrich-albums-flies-picture535-ds

It looks even more natural with the less than totally sharp markings boundary.

I have been working on a weedless frog pattern for heavy cover. So far I have it riding hook point up and the point is completely hidden during retrieve. Its only been pool tested, and it will crawl over stuff in the pool.

I hope to test it in a pond on Saturday. Then I will know if it gets through the cover, and what happens during a strike. The theory is that the back (top) of the fly will drop down during the strike exposing the hook point.

Still a work in progress.

post-12074-0-73185200-1367206227_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-33652800-1367206249_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-49363500-1367206258_thumb.jpg

My only question is about the kicker legs. Is there mono glued along the back of the leg? I think it could be torn off. The mono for the back of the kicker looks good. Perhaps you could knot it and glue it all along the back of the foam. Or fold 1mm foam over a mono core. I usually can see a hopper pretty well, and don't bother with a strike indicator, but that's just me.

Hopper Project 2013...

More versions to come. What should I change on this bad boy?

attachicon.gifSlopper Hopper2.jpg

I don't know what you should change really. How long does it take to tie that fly? Have you caught fish on it yet? I am sure it will catch fish but just wonder how tough it is. I would imagine that a fish would smack the crap outta that yummy looking hopper.

Hopper Project 2013...

More versions to come. What should I change on this bad boy?

attachicon.gifSlopper Hopper2.jpg

I don't know what you should change really. How long does it take to tie that fly? Have you caught fish on it yet? I am sure it will catch fish but just wonder how tough it is. I would imagine that a fish would smack the crap outta that yummy looking hopper.

Still in the testing and development phase. I don't imagine that this will be my every day hopper, but it will definitely be in the arsenal for those fish that need a more realistic fly. The fly will be plenty durable, but the legs might take a beating.