Jump to content
Fly Tying
C LeBo

April Flies From The Vice!

Recommended Posts

Sanctuary - that's what the trout will need!

 

If you used red floss in place of the gold tinsel it would be a great Iron Blue Dun imitation. Hmm back to the vice with another new idea.

 

Cheers,

C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's work so far has been beautiful!

 

The thread about SLF, in the beginner's corner, got me thinking, so I decided to do some tinkering, and I turned out this pin fry, using Dark Claret SLF and flashabou dubbing, on a size 10 hook.

 

Untitled-1_zps0af84ea2.jpg

 

I'm pretty happy with it, can see a bunch of places where I will need to refine to get it looking perfect :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed bag this weekend

Iron Blue Dun, spider and parachute.

VariousFlies_0001_zps36bfabed.jpg

 

Invicta & Blae and Black

VariousFlies_0002_zps37d3939e.jpg

 

Soldier Palmer, Blue Zulu, Bibio

VariousFlies_0003_zpsf435be2a.jpg

 

Melvin Octopus, Red Zulu, Soldier Muddler.

VariousFlies_0004_zps63f39c64.jpg

 

And finally,

Black Pennels and Tavy Terror.

VariousFlies_0005_zps7d7d02b7.jpg

 

Quite a productive weekend - even managed to get a few done for my box.

 

Cheers,

C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not going to get into great detail about these because they are still in testing/prototyping stage. These are big poppers intended for musky/pike, although Im sure they will work for a multitude of species. The hook is a 7/0 gama to give you some insight as to size. These are all made from a 2 part expanding foam with a 90lb through wire for connection. I will also be doing some as tube flies as I continue my process!

 

facebook_1901366072_zps13d5e986.jpg

 

facebook_-1466465840_zps676d6492.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look awesome. Try to make some lucky thirteen shape heads, they were just awesome for me and pike. Tubes would be good as you could tone down the tails or spice them up as the pike wanted without having to change heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
look awesome. Try to make some lucky thirteen shape heads, they were just awesome for me and pike. Tubes would be good as you could tone down the tails or spice them up as the pike wanted without having to change heads.

 

Thanks Piker. I had all intentions of doing tubes, but havent gotten them in the mail yet. And well.. Im very impatient biggrin.png My thought process with the tube was that it was the part musky were going to chew up. Once its destroyed..just tie on a new tail and the popper is still good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have dubbed this, the 'Messy Bugger' tied on a Kamasan B175, size 10, using the marabou-esque pheasant feathers for the tail, I used 2, cut to length, but left the stem in to avoid wrapping, then used the used the fluffy after shaft stuff to make the body, and palmered a black cock hackle, half stripped up the body :D hoping to use it on a local trout lake soon :D

 

MessyBugger_zps2c96c7be.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...