Fly Tying
C LeBo

April Flies From The Vice!

I have dubbed this, the 'Messy Bugger' tied on a Kamasan B175, size 10, using the marabou-esque pheasant feathers for the tail, I used 2, cut to length, but left the stem in to avoid wrapping, then used the used the fluffy after shaft stuff to make the body, and palmered a black cock hackle, half stripped up the body biggrin.png hoping to use it on a local trout lake soon biggrin.png

I'm with you; I wanted to refill my "Bugger Box" and tied some last night; here is a video of one:

I sill definitely be giving that one a go biggrin.png

Ha ha...there are a LOT of great patterns so far this month, and we're only a third of the way in...

TC

Was told it needs to be big, deep and slow this time of year so tied up some partridge clarets and partridge golds in #8 and tried tying a Viva. Not had a go at these before but they seem to work well on browns early doors.

post-42518-0-87221100-1365583949_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-79809800-1365583965_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-19884700-1365583975_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-63104700-1365583982_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-42042800-1365583991_thumb.jpg

Try bringing your cheek more to each side so the sword sits in-between. Still going to catch something though.

post-12074-0-71458900-1365562459_thumb.j

Utyer, really like this. Was just thinking that it could make an excellant frog pattern by splitting the tail and tying "knees" to make legs. Could even paint on some eyes and spots. Will have to try that and see how it works.

Untitled-1_zps430a3da2.jpg

I used teal feathers from a pack. Not the best quality. Took a lot of fighting to get the wing like that

Edit: Come to think of it, after looking through the pack proper, I think it's bulked out with widgeon or something because most are brown and white, there's very few black and white feathers in there :/