Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheCream

Petitjean Magic Heads

After reading this, and watching a few video's on them, I picked up a pack of them from my local shop. I don't do much bass fishing these days, but I'm interested to see if the trout like them trolling behind my float tube this summer!

On a side note TheCream, I really like that perch pattern in the first picture. Are those EP fibers? What colors?

No EP, the streamer recipe is very simple. For the streamer brush I use, I make my own using Senyo Laser Dub.

-Hook: 4XL/1XH straight eye streamer hook

-Magic Head

-Tail: Angel Hair flash and Pseudo Hair

-Body: wrapped streamer brush of Laser Dub

-Eyes: 3D dome eyes

-Fill: UV Knot sense in between the eyes, overcoated with Hard as Hull

-Color: Prismacolor/Sharpie markers

So the perch pattern is yellow/olive Pseudo Hair with gold Angel Hair flash in the tail. The body is a straight yellow Laser Dub brush, wrapped/picked out/combed back, and then used a light olive Prismacolor for the back, a black Sharpie for barring, and orange Sharpie for the throat. I can crank them out fairly fast, I usually work ahead on the brushes and do all the brushes I will need before tying the flies. I can do a brush of solid color Laser Dub in 4-5 minutes usually.

Thank you very much!

I'm debating on getting some of these just for the pleasure of more accurately imitating Damselfly larvae. They undulate more than any fish I can think of other than eels. I remember the first time I saw them swimming at the surface, it was really eye opening.

I'm debating on getting some of these just for the pleasure of more accurately imitating Damselfly larvae. They undulate more than any fish I can think of other than eels. I remember the first time I saw them swimming at the surface, it was really eye opening.

I am going to tie some small carp flies using a smaller size Magic Head. Not just for the lifelike movement, but hoping the vibration can help get Mr Carp's attention. I experimented last year with a rattle in a carp fly and that worked well, I don't see why this wouldn't? :)