Fly Tying

Here is the "Claim Your Pattern" thread for April. The pattern for this month is "Rubber Legs." Any

'gill pattern that you choose, just as long as it has rubber legs.

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister -

2. Jolly Red - Received

3. Dreamcaster - Received

4. Famill00 - Received

5. IMX -

6. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Received

7. Fshrmanms - Received

8. BassMouth - Received

9. Gravy Train - Received

10. Ratzn - Received

11. Crackleback -

12. Bassbugn -

How would I go about possibly joining this swap? I am a noob to tying and would like to join in one. My biggest question is how long before the flies need to be to you? I wouldnt want to join a swap and not be able to complete it in a timely manner.

Thanks

Hi tmds3, I'm sorry, but this is a swap club which means that the guys sign up for the year and tie a different pattern each month unless someone has to drop out, and right now, we are full up. You will need to keep watching this forum and when a new swap is posted, jump in. Just post to the thread and say, "I'd like to join," or "I'm in" or "I'll play," etc. There are new swaps being posted all the time. There are only 2 swap clubs going on right now, and all the rest of the swaps are open to anyone. Usually you are given a month and a half or two months to get your flies in. Hope this helps, and I hate it that the swap you posted to is a swap club and not a regular, open swap. Keep watching the thread and something will come along that you can join. I don't see one that looks like it's open right now, but watch for new swaps to be posted and unless it says "Swap Is Full," you are welcome to join.

I tied a foam spider. I know it is a simple pattern, but it is simply one of the best producers out there for 'gills. So, tie it on and get ready for nonstop action!

-Forrest

Going to go with JSzymczyk's "XFile" super easy panfish fly, which takes longer to say than it does to tie. Bead, dubbing and legs, couldn't be much easier.