Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mergus Merganeser

Cherokee Tappaja

Hi

Cherokee Tappaja was born in Abaco Bahamas in march 2012. Me and some friends was Fishing the flats of Cherokee Sound where the Bones were superspooky! The body is made from UV-glue and this link is a description of a simplified Version

http://www.fluefiskesiden.no/forum/index.php?topic=28637.0

The mono beside the body is neccesary to prevent the body to rotate.

The Pictures below is a Version With EP-fibers tied in together With the rubber legs.

Regards

John Anders Hagen, Norway

post-47328-0-86581800-1365452276_thumb.jpg

post-47328-0-87208400-1365452327_thumb.jpg

Looks great. I'll need to look at the step by step on the proper computer and try to translate. I take it you build the UV body up in the mono side loops?? How do you stop it sticking to the surface you are working on??

Looks great. I'll need to look at the step by step on the proper computer and try to translate. I take it you build the UV body up in the mono side loops?? How do you stop it sticking to the surface you are working on??

Tnx smile.png

I "mold" it when the fly is in the vice.. Just be sure to use a sort of sticky UV-glue.

J

That is one great fly.

Tnx Utyer, the bones are of the same opinion !

Just create one and present it in front of the Fish, strip and you'll get the proof wink.png I got almost all my Bones on this fly last year! Lets hope they like it this year as well.....

John

Beautiful flies John, and welcome to the saltwater board. I hope to see more of your work.

Tnx Peterjay smile.png

Working on some big fishy stuff now (Bunkers). Lets se if they are "postable" on this forum....?

Tying all day trough for the moment! My boxes are going to be STUFFED for this year trip hehe

Regards

John

Make sure you show off your trip pics too...some of us stuck in the North miss good Southern fishing and live vicariously through you traveling fly guys....lol.gif

Murray

Wow! Great creation MM. I'm on the hunt for the right UV glue. Everynow and then a great pattern/technique comes along here. And this has gotta be one of 'em! Can't wait to see your other ideas....Later DL

Hi, and thanks for nice comments guys smile.png

@Lykos33

Of course I can give a report from my trip, but first I have to Catch that Fish.... wink.png

@denduke

Ive used a lot of different UV glue, but the best so far (In my opinion) is the Bug Bund in original and thin Version. Loon also got a god one, but its quite hard to squize from the bottle an gets a more sticky surface after curing. Anyway. To make it more easy to squeze out from the bottle i put it in a glass With hot water before adding it to the fly! But after finishing the flygive it a couple of hour in Sunlight.. That really helps Curing Your flies properly!!

I tie my crabs in a similar style using vinyl rib along the hook shank With EP fibers Attached underneat With the same technique as I use on Cherokee Tappaja. This is MUCH faster and easier than the original way using X-wraps over the materials U have to tye in to create the body.. I can present this fly later smile.png

Regards

John Anders Hagen, Norway