Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

2 yrs smoke free

This coming weekend will mark exactly 2 years since I finally gave up smoking for good. Was a long hard road after being a pack&a half a day smoker but by far the best decision I ever made for myself in my entire life!

Well done Steve, giving up smoking and losing weight at the same time is really challenging yourself. An inspiration to us lazy guys.

Two thumbs up, Steve. Now I understand the aquarium and Bonsai addictions.

May will be 4 years for me.

Thats something to be proud of. I "quit" last May, but fell off the wagon in August. I think I will try to climb back on that wagon and go for the duration of the ride this time.

18+ years of not having my car, my house, my clothes and myself smelling like an ash tray and not having nicotine stained fingers anymore.

very liberating

I quit when my fourth child was born and the price of a carton went up from $13 to something like $40 after the lawsuit. I made it for six years without a smoke. Started back about eight years ago.

Hope your path follows Norm's closer than mine.

over $8.50 a pack (here in connecticut) should be enough incentive to quit.

especially when smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day!

i cant imagine what i would be spending!

Congrats Steve, the battle gets easier as time goes on, it's been 22 yrs this month since I put them down, and I never have gotten over the dislike of the smell of it.

Blane

Give yourself a pat on the back Steve - that's one hell of an accomplishment.

Thats something to be proud of. I "quit" last May, but fell off the wagon in August. I think I will try to climb back on that wagon and go for the duration of the ride this time.

Keep a lot of nicotine gum on hand and chew to your heart's content. The gum made all the difference for me after many failed attempts. I've been smoke-free for the past ten years after 2+ packs a day. Believe me, if I can do it, you guys can.

I've got several coworkers who have all quit using some of the new stream smoke things. Some of them are relatively cheap and you get ALL the same physical and mental cues that came with cigarettes, without the tars that are the main killer.

I have been smoke free for 4 years now. I quit using Chantix and have had no desire to smoke. Cost of smokes keep rising and my company was going to raise insure rates 10% every year for smokers. Now all I need to do is get motivated to loose some weight. Congrats to being able to do both.