Fly Tying
shoebop

What species is this?

Does anyone know the species of this fish? It looks to be a member of the salmonid family but I don't think I have ever seen one like this before.

8d34c0248299dddebb564f24ec3d493e.jpg

Here's little film you might enjoy. It's mostly travelogue, but the dorado sequences are great. It's a trip I'd love to make. BTW - the big fish that looks like a piranha is a pacu - fortunately, they prefer vegetables to meat.

I don't know why, but that was a name that came to mind. But having never seen the fish, and only hearing the name, I didn't know for sure. Thanks

I have wanted to catch a golden dorado on a fly ever since I first watched a video of them.

Like the way the guide has a cheek full of coca leaves. If only id been a fly fisherman when I was in Bolivia, I could have hidden in the jungle and never had to come back. Chile too has some seriously huge trout in the small waters all around region 11 that just laughed at my feeble efforts with live horseflies and fish strips.