Fly Tying
TOMMY TROUT

FINDING LEAKS IN FLOAT TUBES

My WebpageI AM GLAD FOR THIS FORUM BECAUSE I DO A LOT OF FLOAT TUBBING AND PONTOONING. I HAVE SOME LEAKS IN SOME OF MY TUBES. I HAVE PUT THEM IN A TUB, I HAVE BROUGHT THEM DOWN TO THE LAKE, AND I STILL HAVE TROUBLE FINDING THE LEAKS? SOMEONE MENTIONED SOAP. I DID"NT USE ANY. COULD THIS HELP FIND THE HOLES? I REMMEMBER WHEN I HAD A TIRE TUBE FIXED ONCE THE GUY PUT LIQUID DISH SOAP ON THE TIRE THEN PUT IT IN THE WATER. YOU COULD SEE THE SOAP BUBBLES CLEARLY. I COULD SURE USE SOME ROCK SOLID ADVICE ON THIS AS IT IS VERY FUSTRATING TO HAVE A LEAKY TUBE. crazy.gif

yes soapy water will help. just take a rag dripping with soapy water and rub it on the tube after you fill it. the air leak should make the soap bubble and therefore make it easier to spot the leak.

same thing happened to me with my buddies pull tube he was looling for days his 5yr old son found the problem a faultyiar valve it was a a slow leak. it worth a try Tight lines

mike dunno.gif

It works, kids blowing bubble mix works too. If you can, remove the flotation bladder from the shell, blow it up , and use the soap bubble mixture to find the leak. You donk want to use straight dish soap because it too thick, but you can water it down. Let the tube blowing bubbles thru the leak show you where it is.