Fly Tying

White River

I'll take a dozen laugh.gif

Actually, I still have the one you gave me. All I need is some copper beads.

Can you say Misfit? headbang.gif

Here's a few a twisted up over the last few days.

Man, I need some glasses

user posted image

Top Center: Stillborn, clockwise- RS2 in grey/black, weighted squirrel nymph, grey Ass with black thorax, green Ass, Tung-head squirrel.

It's my take on a Miracle.....

Hook - Tiemco 100 #18

Body - White waxed Uni thread (the waxed seems to shine better)

Ribbing - Copper wire

Thorax - Gray dubbing (fine is best, but this was not fine, just trimmed)

Could add a couple strands of antron for a wing and/or tail.

Hint: Put some Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup polish, in Pure Chrome color on the hook shank before you wrap the thread. It gives it a transparent look. Works with Red also, but not as dramatic.

Here are a few that i tied up for the trip.Herd alot about it so you can say i was inspired to give a few a try laugh.gif

user posted image

I hope they will come in use.......

tt

My tying has been interupted by the flu. I hope to get back to it in the next day or two. So many patterns and so little time.

Nice Misfits, Rick

Sippy would be proud tongue.gif

I'm getting down to the last few patterns. If some of the guys would quit posting these awesome midge patterns, the list would get shorter. bs.gif

Don't forget the "lowly" San Juan.

Get well, Pat headbang.gif

anyone try any circus peanuts on the white? also, on the same note, i'm not too sure the regulations as far as single hooked flies, maybe you'd have to cut one of the hooks on a circus peanut.

also, as far as those misfits, were you dead drifting em, or slightly strippin em?

I gotta figger out a way to get over there to meet up with yall. I'm gonna be in Dallas the week before and Fort Hood the monday after, but yeah.

steve

Steve,

The Hook restrictions only apply in the Trophy waters. Yup, single hook and barbless.

The misfit is best fished like a wet fly. Cast across, mend a few times, let it swing and sit a little, then short little strips for the retreive, while letting it "hang" in between strips.

If everything goes according to plan, we should arrive by 7am the 24th. We have a cabin at Gaston's and a 30' camper at the State Park. Just look for those silly-looking driftboats. laugh.gif Better yet, just ask the locals if they've seen something strange floating down the river. huh.gif They'll tell ya...

anyone try any circus peanuts on the white?

I don't know about that, but the stupid things will hit a Rebel Crickhopper on top in the summer. To you purist thats a Hard Body Hackleless Dry, in Cahill color.