Fly Tying

White River

The drunker I long, the drinker I get...... drunk.gif

What sculpin pattern are you using? I want to tie some sculpins and am looking at different patterns to see which one I like best... and have material to tie.... rolleyes.gif

I tie this one, mostly do to the simplicity

user posted image

user posted image

It has lead wraps along the entire shank (.030), 3 clumps of woodchuck and a thin woolhead. Deadly!

My poor woodchuck is starting to look like the "advanced" stage of the mange. bugeyes.gif By 11 John's shad looked much like the stonefly I tied at your house a couple of years ago...LOL

LOL! That was a big woodchuck! blink.gif That must have been interesting to see a shad turn out like a stonefly, especially that one. I still laugh at how we tried to find a perfect lamp to tie that one. Why the heck didn't we just move that dinky table into the bright kitchen that was 10 feet away?? dunno.gif It's funny how these ideas come to mind after the fact. tongue.gif

Thanks for the kind words sippy......Someone have extra hands i can borrow?I aint ever gonna halves nuff dos flies tied fur da trip!!!!!!!

Shoe stop posting pictures......Swap,trip the word calgon take me away!!!! When do we leave,not soon enough!!!!!!!!!

tt

I just finished some squirrel nymphs. It's back to midges (blood and zebra) before moving on to shad and sculpins.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood......

Woodchuck, eh?.... Hmmmmmm

Weee don' got no steeenkin' woodchucks.......

But looks pretty kewl from here..... wink.gif

Hi Shoe, I love your woodchuck sculpin, nice shape and colors, and it looks super deadly. I really like fishing quick to tye effective patterns, more than risking losing time consuming fly's to beak off's. You got a winner there.

Graham

QUOTE (ArkieFlyGuy @ Feb 4 2005, 09:03 PM)

Woodchuck, eh?.... Hmmmmmm

Weee don' got no steeenkin' woodchucks.......

Arkie,

I'm not sure what it is about the woodchuck? I believe it's the white tips of the hair. It seems the fish "key-in" on it. I "Forded" this one (found on road dead laugh.gif ), scraped and salted it several times a week and finally tanned it using Big Daddy Hubbards method.

Here's one tied with mink.

user posted image

It has a brown head and I would highly recommend olive. The olive will out-fish the brown 10-1, at least in all the waters I fish. In order to add some white to a mink, a few hairs of a bucktail might add enough white to do the job. Maybe even color the base of them and just leave the ends white? dunno.gif

What's nice about this pattern is, the smaller fish will nip at the tail, but won't get hooked. The larger ones will inhale it. I bet I took over 200 trout on these last year.

Thanks Graham smile.gif

Woodchuck Arkie, think Groundhog, Pasture Pig.

Here's a Sculpin that so simple even I can tie it.

post-28-1107652923.jpg

OOOOOOooooooohhhhhh..... PASTURE pig..... thumbsup.gif

Wonder how possum would dub? blink.gif

Wayne, You forgot the recipe..... laugh.gif

BBQ'd or baked? they are kinda greasy though, the pigs I mean.

Hey Shoe, those are Threadfin Shad that come through, so a little touch of Yellow won't hurt.

Fried Pasture Pig

Possum stew

Boiled owl eggs

Turnips boiled with hamhocks

Saute'ed pawpaw root

Cornbread

and dandelion tea

and for dessert.....

Gooseberry pie with goats cream merainge and molasses topping!

WEEEELLLLLL DOGGIES!!!

(Make ya wanna slap ya'll momma!)