Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steiner

Scud Back substitute

I've tried it and like it. It is called stretch magic at Hobby Lobby and they have it mostly in clear although I did find some in black. It is round not hollow or D rib. Smallest I have seen is .5mm. It is stretchy and strong and is good for midges down to size 20. Give it a try. I think you will like it.

Try using the anti static bags that computer components come in. Great effect. If you are really lucky, you can get them in a bronze colour.

Cheers,

C

You guys just made my day. I'm going to the sewing store now. Guys would look at me funny when I worked at sportsman's and told them to go to the sewing store for certain things we didn't have and you guys out did me because I didn't think of those straps. Oh and you Ziploc people made me realize that my hooks came in a Ziploc so we're gtg.  

All that said you can dye almost anything to any color with fruit. Want purple? I guarantee you'll get it with some nice dark cherries or a cheap bottle of wine, lol. Seriously look into it

5 hours ago, Tied & Feathered said:

You guys just made my day. I'm going to the sewing store now. Guys would look at me funny when I worked at sportsman's and told them to go to the sewing store for certain things we didn't have and you guys out did me because I didn't think of those straps. Oh and you Ziploc people made me realize that my hooks came in a Ziploc so we're gtg.  

All that said you can dye almost anything to any color with fruit. Want purple? I guarantee you'll get it with some nice dark cherries or a cheap bottle of wine, lol. Seriously look into it

Dyeing material is not only about color. You also need consistency from batch to batch. That means you need a way to control both color and color saturation.